SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Paint Costs

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cruisingdad 
#1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Windrose 20. The paint is in very good condition except for some stains that no amount of elbow grease or stain removers seem to remove. There is no blistering or chipping evident anywhere on the boat BUT; I am not happy with the appearance of these stains. SO, I have no good place to work on the boat, assuming I knew how to effect a new paint job. What would a reputable boat yard charge to paint a boat from top to bottom?? Or should I just shut up and live with the stains?? The boat is cream with light blue trim.

#3 ·
It would also help if you posted photos of the staining... different stains require different approaches...and location can often help say what caused the stains... and whether the stains are indicative of another problem or not.

#4 ·
Hull paint runs from about 175/foot to 200/foot at a good yard. I am about to have mine painted too, that is how I know. That does not count the deck, of course. You could add a safe 50% top that number for the deck. Thus, you are safely looking at $4000-6000 (at 20 feet boat) for Emrond or Awlrgrip.

- CD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.