Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
Sometimes, no matter what you do....

Its just not enough.

ahhh, never to busy to go sailing... may not be physically able to at this moment, but I will, I promise, go sailing once again.

I'm proof that the good die young. I'm still here.

I just came home from the hospital.
Again.
Last Wednesday, around 5pm, I felt the ticker begin to go south. Again.

I make the call to the Cuban, and she's going to meet me @ the hospital.
Arrive about 15 mins. later, they wheel me in, and I won't go into what I feel was a rather inept ER staff, but lets just say when my pulse ox is 84% on 3 different fingers ITS NOT THE MACHINE!
No, I don’t need a blood pressure tablet, or an anti-anxiety pill, I need nitro, morphine, and a cardio consult you twit! Its not my first rodeo Seconds count!
So, around 11:00pm, I'm back in the cath lab. The stent inserted last week occluded.
2 more stents, more dope in me than a crack whore, current ejection fraction hovering around 25-30% More blood thinners. If I cut myself shaving, the Red Cross should be called for type/match.
More damage to the only muscle that really counts.

Docs tell me that that in 90 days, I get a pacemaker/defib… get this… “just to prevent sudden death”. That’s nice to hear.

Think about that as you sit down to thanksgiving dinner this week… “just to prevent sudden death.”

By the grace of God, go I.

He must have some plan for me, He can't be done with me here on earth yet, I mean 5 Mi's, now 8, or 9 stents, I can't remember, and I'm still kickin'. Not kicking as hard as I used to, but kickin' nonetheless.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2006
Just a Member

primerate84 is on a distinguished road
Whew, all I can say is best of luck and here's hoping you have a quick recovery. Getting back on the boat will probably be the best thing you can do. Again, get better soon and don't let the hospitals do you in.
Old 11-20-2006
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Wink

Best wishes for a speedy recovery - and you've solved the mystery of "Cardiac" Paul - til now I thought it was the heart attack your clients got when you presented them with your bill!
Old 11-20-2006
Oathkeepers member

jerryrlitton will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jerryrlitton Send a message via MSN to jerryrlitton Send a message via Yahoo to jerryrlitton Send a message via Skype™ to jerryrlitton
Paul, check your IM's please.

Jerry

A Kings Trade
Dewey Lamdin

Money can’t buy you happiness.
But it buys you a big enough yacht to
sail you right up to it!
(Johnny Depp)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-20-2006

FrankLanger is on a distinguished road
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and many years of sailing ahead! I always appreciate your knowledgable responses on this web site--so please continue to "hang around".
As a 55 year old, approaching the age of heart attacks and similar challenges, I'm wondering how you have survived 5 MIs and the other procedures you mentioned--any suggestions, other than to go sailing lots?
Frank.
Old 11-20-2006

Quetzalcoatl is on a distinguished road
Best Wishes

Paul,
Greetings from a fellow Texoma Sailor who also happens to be an M.D. (not a cardiologist, though!). I'm sure many here in the SailNet community share my wishes for a safe and speedy recovery for you.
My best to you and yours, and here's hoping the holidays bring you peace, tranquility and good health!

Q
Old 11-20-2006

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Best of luck for a speedy recovery and many more seasons on the water.
Old 11-20-2006

sailingforever is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sailingforever Send a message via MSN to sailingforever
good luck. I have always enjoyed your posts
Old 11-20-2006

kennya is on a distinguished road
Paul:

Hello from Grand Lake of the Cherokees. Reading your thread has made me get off of my back side and take stock of my position. I watch my diet low fat and carbs, but have let exercise fall by the wayside. Thanks to you I have retrieved the treadmill from storage, and have started a three day a week program. Since I am young only 62, I need to stay in condition, so I can continue sailing when I am old. Good luck with the Pacemaker, guess no nuker on the boat Ha Ha.

Ken
Old 11-20-2006

snider is on a distinguished road
Take care of yourself

Take care Paul, I enjoy reading your posts. I'll do some prayen for ya.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.