Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Alright, I have to vent. Why do sail lofts like Doyle and UK Halsey bother to have a "request a quote" option on their websites if they don't intend to respond!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
T34C-

A lot of times, the companies have that because their webdesigner put it in...but they never went and setup a formal system for replying...so they end up with a lot of pissed off would-be customers instead... not too bright, but all too common.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-12-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
T, they do respond, they just don't want their names tarnished by supplying a Tartan. Just kidding

Doyle responded immediately to me when I sent an email. So did UK. I just sent an email, rather than the webpage thing.

Got answers within 12 hours from both.
Old 12-12-2006
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
Alright, I have to vent. Why do sail lofts like Doyle and UK Halsey bother to have a "request a quote" option on their websites if they don't intend to respond!!!!!!!!
T34c
interesting observation...your experience with doyle is quite the opposite of mine.
i sent in a request and had a quote the next day. i also found their follow up to be among the best of any loft i contacted. i would try contacting the doyle loft in RI directly, as they were not only the most professional of any loft i contacted, but also competively priced.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Old 12-12-2006
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the input. I will try emailing and by-pass the on-line quote form. UK even signed me up for their newsletter, but sail quote.

G- they should be so honored, it is a "classic" after all. (I think that really means old.)
Old 12-12-2006
Thanks Courtney.

I just emailed both lofts directly, so I guess we'll see what happens. The clock is running!
Old 12-12-2006
Thanks Courtney.

Well it only took 1 hour to get a quote and a follow-up phone call from John @ Doyle in Chicago following my email.
Old 12-12-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Seeeeeee

I told you!!!

I knew they were not bad
Old 12-13-2006
Thanks Courtney.

My hat is off to Doyle for a very timely response and providing excellent information. (both via email and on the phone!)

I can not say the same for UK Halsey...They never did bother to respond.