Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
I am also next door in Watergate. We went out on Jan 1st as that is a family tradition so we were out in the bay while you guys were in Offats. One does need to be careful going in and out of Offats, I was on a boat that ran aground at the entrance between 5 and 6 about ten years ago.. I took us an hour to get free. Once we all started running up and down the deck we rocked the bow off.
pigslo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2007

LWinters is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LWinters
Sorry we missed you out there Pigs. turned out to be a really nice trip all in all. Girlfriend finished the day by saying that even with the troubles, it was one of the best of her life.

It's been a couple of weeks since I looked at this post. Thanks for the support everyone. My girlfriend Kris and I really appreciate it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2007

Pamlicotraveler is on a distinguished road
Great looking website....the only part of the planned journey that would never work for me is the "2 large dogs." I love dogs, but I can't imagine 2 big dogs on a world cruise. I see people all the time sailing with dogs, but it seems to complicate things a lot - presumably large dogs won't use a litterbox.The shedding for some dogs is bad. Our black lab's hairs used to clog our bilge all the time. Now we are dog free when sailing.
Old 01-24-2007

LWinters is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LWinters
Dogs on board

Pamlicotraveler,

There is no doubt that our girls are going to complicate things. They have always used the bathroom on command and we are about to start the slow process of training to 9 year old dogs to go on astro turf. Best solution Iíve come up with yet. I can put a couple of grommets on the sides and throw it overboard for a rinse after use. Iíll be building a boarding plank to be used getting from pier to boat, cockpit to cabin, and swim platform to dingy. Lots of bits to work out yet. The other options of giving them up or waiting until they pass just isnít acceptable to us.

I am sure a lot of our journey will be shaped by having our dogs on board. Who knows, it may make the difference between a trip we enjoyed and one we loved. Other than babies, Iíve never seen a better ice breaker than a friendly K9.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.