SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Boat cover

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Goodnewsboy 
#1 ·
Dose anyone have a pattern for a cover, for a 37' Tayana cutter rig? Or any other boat that the cover can be adapted to the Tayana ... When I say cover, I mean a full boat cover for the winter that I can make or maybe some pictures of a cover ....
If anyone can help me I will pay for the shipping of the pattern or any cost that may apply ....My email is fosterm00@msn.com
Mike

#2 · (Edited)
I am just now having one made for my 30 footer. I don't think there is a "pattern" for most. The canvas maker you choose will make it to the boat.

Something for you to consider: In my case the cover is being supported by a timber from stemhead to mast, the boom (it is supported by a timber in the cockpit), and by a light timber from the boom to the stern. It is joined at the mast with an athwartship zipper and it goes from centerline directly to the sheer and does not cover the lifelines. It is scalloped at each stanchion and shroud, and it is secured by lines under the boat. I can access the boat through the midships zippers or through a third zipper at the stern.

The greater pitch of canvas allowed by running directly to the sheer permits it to more easily shed snow and prevents the common problem of pushing the lifeline stanchions through the cover.

The material being used is Top Gun. (For its low stretch and general durability.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.