Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006

fosterm is on a distinguished road
Boat cover

Dose anyone have a pattern for a cover, for a 37' Tayana cutter rig? Or any other boat that the cover can be adapted to the Tayana ... When I say cover, I mean a full boat cover for the winter that I can make or maybe some pictures of a cover ....
If anyone can help me I will pay for the shipping of the pattern or any cost that may apply ....My email is fosterm00@msn.com
Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2006

Goodnewsboy is on a distinguished road
I am just now having one made for my 30 footer. I don't think there is a "pattern" for most. The canvas maker you choose will make it to the boat.

Something for you to consider: In my case the cover is being supported by a timber from stemhead to mast, the boom (it is supported by a timber in the cockpit), and by a light timber from the boom to the stern. It is joined at the mast with an athwartship zipper and it goes from centerline directly to the sheer and does not cover the lifelines. It is scalloped at each stanchion and shroud, and it is secured by lines under the boat. I can access the boat through the midships zippers or through a third zipper at the stern.

The greater pitch of canvas allowed by running directly to the sheer permits it to more easily shed snow and prevents the common problem of pushing the lifeline stanchions through the cover.

The material being used is Top Gun. (For its low stretch and general durability.)

Last edited by Goodnewsboy; 12-06-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook