Boat cover - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-2006 Thread Starter

Boat cover

Dose anyone have a pattern for a cover, for a 37' Tayana cutter rig? Or any other boat that the cover can be adapted to the Tayana ... When I say cover, I mean a full boat cover for the winter that I can make or maybe some pictures of a cover ....
If anyone can help me I will pay for the shipping of the pattern or any cost that may apply ....My email is fosterm00@msn.com
Mike
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2006

I am just now having one made for my 30 footer. I don't think there is a "pattern" for most. The canvas maker you choose will make it to the boat.

Something for you to consider: In my case the cover is being supported by a timber from stemhead to mast, the boom (it is supported by a timber in the cockpit), and by a light timber from the boom to the stern. It is joined at the mast with an athwartship zipper and it goes from centerline directly to the sheer and does not cover the lifelines. It is scalloped at each stanchion and shroud, and it is secured by lines under the boat. I can access the boat through the midships zippers or through a third zipper at the stern.

The greater pitch of canvas allowed by running directly to the sheer permits it to more easily shed snow and prevents the common problem of pushing the lifeline stanchions through the cover.

The material being used is Top Gun. (For its low stretch and general durability.)

Last edited by Goodnewsboy; 12-06-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.