Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Need a good Wine

This past weekend when I got back to the boat, I found a Gen sail in my cockpit ( a gift ), I know who put it there, he is my slip neighbor and owns & races a boat like mine.

So, I want to get him and his wife a nice bottle of wine, but being a non drinker, I haven't the slightest clue of whats good and it's gotta be a " Thank You " kind of wine.

Yeah, you read that right, I sail and don't drink
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2006
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
I usually select a fine Bordeaux as a thank you - typical when someone refers me to a new client. Ask your local wine merchant to select one from his stock. Another choice would be a nice Pinot Noir.
Old 12-11-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
NO NO NO NO NO.....

Dear TB, NO NO NO NO

a real "connaisseur", a real wine appreciator, one that would like to endulge his friend, would never get any French stuff (its like their boats, sells a lot and the buyers don't know any better).

Get any, (and I mean any) Portuguese wine. That is it. If you want to really thank your friend.

I thank you, and the small viticulture of my Country greatly appreciates.
We have Red Wine, white Wine (Vino branco) and Green (yers yes) green wine.

DAO, PERIQUIRTA, REGUENGOS,

just don't get the ROSE, its crap. Invented to keep the germans away.

By the way, I am not joking. Ask anyone here that has had wine from Portugal, the land of PORT!!!
Old 12-11-2006
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta

just don't get the ROSE, its crap. Invented to keep the germans away.
You must mean Mateus, I remember that stuff from my college days - only good use for it was - the bottles made great candle holders.
Old 12-11-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
TB
absolutely right. Discusting stuff.

In fact that crap is what people think its Portuguese wine.

Really that stuff was invented to keep the Germans and the British out of our small quantity produced great wine.

I had a lamp with one of those, and also from Lancers. Bad, very bad.

Hey TB one question, are my jokes bad???
Old 12-11-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Wait, Portugal, you have been making jokes all this time? Eww, I thought you were serious.
Old 12-11-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
TB-

What about a good Stag? or for white, Far Niente? That is probably one of my favorite whites. You know, for a wine that is not that expensive, Dry Creek is not bad.
Old 12-11-2006
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
G-

I thought you Portuguese were nice people. Why didn't you mention the Rose to France, oh say... 65 years ago, or so??

I'm sure if describe the situation to the resident expert at your nearest bottle shop they would be happy to oblige.

Is the slip on the OTHER side of your neigbor available?
Old 12-11-2006

CD, sorry about the bad jokes.

I am not in a good mood.

Last Saturday I had 1' of water inside my boat, fresh water !!!!!!!

My tanks (even the balast tanks) don't hold that much water.

Just found out that some "nice foreign visitor", witnesses suspect from a French vessel, that was on a slip not far, decided to get drunk and inserted a garden hose inside one of my hatches and left the water running!!

Luckily the guy that looks after my boat saw it (unfortunately only in the morning, as he went to tighten the ropes as bead weather hit us this wekend), and closed the tap. The water was running so hard that the 2 bildges couln't handle it.

The Marina is looking for them, as they have left. So now, I am on a little French hating spree!!
Old 12-11-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Portugal,

You don't think I was mad, do you? I WAS JOKING YOU!! Bad American humor, I suppose. Truth is, I think you and I are two peas out of the same pod... like to joke a bunch! WOuldn't our familys have fun in the same anchorage!! Our wives would probably leave us (and leave the kids with us too).

Sorry to hear about the water. Did you clean it all up? Any damage?

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.