Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007

I-33 is on a distinguished road
Pawn shop rejection?

[quote=JouvertSpirit]Thieves. I've been lucky. I do worry about my boat's contents. She is going into dry dock this month for a repower and I'm thinking that I'm going to remove some items like the Garmin chart plotter and hand-held VHF, etc. The chart plotter was about a grand in cost, but I doubt it would turn much interest in a fencing pawn shop though.

Yeah, but I doubt the theives will bring it back after the pawn shop rejects it!

Gil
Old 01-02-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Most peculiar.

No sign of a break-in, and JUST a sail missing??

Almost sounds like the "midnight auto parts" boys are diversifying into used sails, like someone with your same model boat placed an order for a used sail and someone else went out to fill it.

Unless the Cuban is trying to get you qualified for a Section 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
CP,

Freaking incredible.

Doubt they knew what the hell was in the bags, just took them to be ugly. I just moved my boat over to Mill Creek for a couple of weeks to get some stuff put on it, and they said they are getting over run with people from Highport that are sick of having all their stuff stolen... then I read your message and could not believe it. Know what, I might actually agree with Sailaway... and inside job???

Go over to Mill Creek. Crappy protection from the north, great from the south. Or better yet, go over to Cedar Mills. All round a good marina, but better bring the vasoline if you want them to do any work on your boat. As far as they are concerned, everyone can afford a new Valiant!

So what is up about the surgery? I have been out a bit and have not heard about that.
Old 01-02-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
CP-
Got wifi in the marina? Or could you discreetly get it?

I'm thinking, if thefts are such an issue, a couple of web cams and some hatches left open, and you might be able to give some nice pix to the police. Or, charge 'em with piracy and let them go a better place.
Old 01-02-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
LOL, wifi, thats a joke... at the house I had to use a 900mhz antenna to get across the lake to an ISP just to get over 100k.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 01-02-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
Dad,
they're supposed to call me tomorrow with when I go under the knife.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 01-02-2007

Curt is on a distinguished road
Paul Sorry to hear about the thieving scums decision to make you their next victim. Hope you get a lead on them and can send Buba over for a visit.

Also I did not know you were doing another surgery, best of luck to ya and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Curt
Old 01-02-2007

Quetzalcoatl is on a distinguished road
Cruisingdad, Cardiacpaul,
Come and join us at Cedar Mills! We enjoy being there. Lots of nice folks. We have not had anything stolen....(yet!). Really sorry to hear that people saw fit to take something from Paul which surely would not fit any boat they owned. Gratuitous mean-spiritedness.
Or...please accept our invitation to sail with us sometime!
Paul, best wishes for upcoming surgery.
Q (Cedar Mills J Dock)
Old 01-03-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quetzalcoatl,

I am at Cedar Mills!! I am only at Mill Creek for the rest of this week or so (getting some work done on it by some contractors... which Cedar Mills wants the Valiant guys to do and frown upon it...$$$$$$). I am at c-5, Catalina 400, Port of call Fort Myers, FL. Can't miss me of you go to the gas dock. Stop by anytime. We are currently finishing up getting the boat ready to go down in the pond and hop across back to Florida to start cruising again (well, hopefully soon). I am getting the house ready to sell and getting close. Lake Texoma is a super place to outfit your boat and the folks at Valiant and Cedar Mills are top notch. I agree, Cedar Mills is the place to be.

Take care.

- CD
Old 01-03-2007

Quetzalcoatl is on a distinguished road
Cruisingdad,
We'll likely be at Cedar Mills this weekend to have a look at the boat, unless the weather is truly foul. It sounds like you're leaving for an extended cruise soon. Happy for you and wish we could be out there, too!! We're still stuck in the career grind trying to build the "Cruising Kitty". After much debate and consideration, we've decided that the Catalina 42 is likely not what we will eventually take onto the open ocean....a whole host of reasons (I tend to study a lot). But it is indeed a nice boat to enjoy in the interim. The current field of study is to narrow our thinking down to the "Final Boat" (I suppose this is grist for another thread, although the topic has been beaten to death over the years!)
The invitation to join us is sincere...we love to socialize, particularly with other sailors! If you're interested now, or before you depart on the extended cruise, please send a "private message", and we'll give you my cell phone number.
By the way, the boat has the same name as my handle here!
Q

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.