SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Who do you know in Tampa Bay, FLA?

Tags
learn tampa
828 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  boz86 
#1 ·
So I'm excited to find this community. I already feel I can connect with other sailors and learn so much. I have really high hopes.

for the second week of February ('17) i plan to be in Tampa Bay Florida. I have some lessons booked, but i would just love to meet some folks and get out on the water as crew. Something tells me that I'll learn more hanging around with 'old Salts' than I will in a lesson.

How do I connect with the sailing community there? Are there resources? Web pages? Lists of watering holes known to be frequented by sailing aficionados?

thanks,

mark

#2 ·
Mark,

Can't help you but mama's watching the Hallmark Channel so I have free time and you seem lonely.

We chartered a Catalina 30 in Sarasota Bay last February. It was beautiful. Then we decided to go off the coast. We had charts and two GPSs and followed them. But before we knew it, our keel was slamming off the sand. There was supposed to be 8 feet at that location but we were at less than 4! The pass coming back in (25 miles south) was the same way. So I guess what I'm saying is be careful and have a wick'd great time!

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.