Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Ordering fromSailnet

Anyone ever order from Sailnet ? I did and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Freesail,

I have not had any problems lately. I had problems some years ago, but they seemed to have been fixed. I don't know when you ordered from them, but the have seemed to be responsive to me. Try again? Write them directly with issues? I think they are trying to improve.

- CD

PS I do not work for Sailnet - no affiliation.
Old 01-05-2007

CDRA is on a distinguished road
I have ordered items several times from sailnet and westmarine. I found sailnet to be easier and maybe quicker than westmarine.
Old 01-05-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Freesail99...did you order from the "old" sailnet or the new one? If the new one...what went wrong and what was the response to the issue?
BTW...I am not a sailnet employee...just interested. Lots of people were left holding the bag when the old sailnet collapsed and it was even part of some local news stories but I haven't heard any issues buying stuff recently from anyone.
Old 01-05-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
I made several purchases from the "old" Sailnet several years ago. I have to say that my orders were handled very professionally and I was very happy with both the products and the service.

I too have no affiliation w/Sailnet.
Old 01-05-2007

svs3 is on a distinguished road
I didn't know there was an old Sailnet and a new Sailnet. What happened to the old Sailnet?

Sam
Old 01-05-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs3
I didn't know there was an old Sailnet and a new Sailnet. What happened to the old Sailnet?

Sam
The old Sailnet went belly up and was bought out by the current owners. All that happened maybe 18 months ago? Some other old timers on here may be able to pin down the timing better. There was a hiatus when the forum servers kept working, but there was no one at Sailnet to talk to. That was a strange time on here because none of us knew when the server might go dead, and we didn't know what was happening on the ownership front.

I ordered quite a bit from the old Sailnet, until the orders started being messed up. Then I stopped altogether. Haven't ordered anything from the new group, although I can't say why other than when I have checked pricing, I could buy it cheaper elsewhere.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 01-05-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMitch
I ordered quite a bit from the old Sailnet, until the orders started being messed up. Then I stopped altogether. Haven't ordered anything from the new group, although I can't say why other than when I have checked pricing, I could buy it cheaper elsewhere.
That sums up my experience as well - still have a bitter taste from the old S'net and haven't found the new pricing competitive with other sources.
Old 01-05-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
It appears as if Marine.com which owns sailnet and the store does not really stock much and relies on distributors to deliver. I also see no mention of a price guarantee. I wonder how that model is supposed to compete with discounters who stock and ship and have price matching or return policies without fees? ...But I do think they have SOME excellent deals from time to time AND at least they ship when they take yer money unlike the last guys at the end!! My thought would be to buy here when it makes sense since the sale supports this forum (and every West Marine needs competition to keep THOSE prices low!!)...and buy elsewhere when it doesn't.
Old 01-05-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I've order two items from Sailnet recently. Both were considerably cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Delivery was prompt, and the orders were complete.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.