Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Submarine hits freighter

Anyone who has read my threads in the past knows that I am passionate about our military and the people that serve our country, period. Thank you all.

However, I have to ask a question: How does a submarine, A US Submarine that has to be the most advanced vessel in the entire planet, hit a bloody freighter? Notice, it had to be a Japanese one again, didn't you? I can see the Japanese starting to put fenders on the BOTTOM of their boats.

Oh well. I guess I am just ignorant of how you steer a submarine.

- CD

Again, no disrespect at all to the awesome men and women that are out there risking their lives to serve our country... I guess I just don't understand naval vessels.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2007
Banned

seabreeze_97 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like someone doesn't know the rules of the road......a la
"Gray Lady Down".
Old 01-09-2007

btrayfors will become famous soon enough btrayfors will become famous soon enough
Let's see....

Our submarines have hit TWO Japanese surface vessels while themselves surfacing in the past few years, resulting in several deaths and injuries.

Recently, a Chinese submarine surfaced only 5 miles away from one of our carriers which, reportedly, didn't know the sub was there. Whaaat??????

A little over a year ago one of our nuclear subs ran into an undersea mount near Guam and was very seriously damaged.

Last week four crewmen were washed off the deck of one of our nuclear subs shortly after clearing port in England. Two died.

Hmmm... think it's about time for CNO to begin asking some hard questions?

Bill
Old 01-09-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Let's just say that a few more Navy careers have been cut short.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 01-09-2007

btrayfors will become famous soon enough btrayfors will become famous soon enough
"Is it a political world?"

Naah, we just allow the ONLY senior, experienced Army commander who speaks native Arabic to step down so we can replace him with a Navy admiral. No doubt a good guy, but I doubt he knows much about counterinsurgency and civil war situations, since these are fairly rare at sea. But, hey, HE didn't oppose this genius "surge and accelerate" strategy.

But, there's good news: latest CBS poll shows that only 21% of Americans are now brain dead. That's down 8% in a single month :-)

Last edited by btrayfors; 01-09-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2007

stlcat22 is on a distinguished road
Just out of curiosity, are submarines explicity taken into account in the official Regs?
Old 01-09-2007

Johnrb is on a distinguished road
The news report I read about this incident also mentioned that a Japanese submarine had collided with a surface vessel recently.
Old 01-09-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
btrayor- (interesting handle) I thought we were talking about submarines, not politics.
Old 01-09-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
That's it Bill...it's all about Bush...he must have caused that collision at sea. Too bad Pelosi wasn't in charge...with all the subs in dry dock that collision would never have happened! ...and Hillary doesn't like anything cigar shaped either!
Old 01-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
If this happened with the only (of 3) sea worthy Portuguese submarine, the news would be:

"Japanese boat hits and sinks PortugEese Submarine"

...... see we still keep making everything simple, and avoid argument!!