Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Sailing Story... Anyone???

Could someone please post something about going sailing recently! I just finished round 2 with the snowblower today and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out!!!
Old 01-15-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I know the feeling... but no snow here yet...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
My good friend, T you know you can count on me...

Here something for you from Cascais, Portugal. Actually these 2 Hungarians were training in 470 (I did that when I was younger) the day I took to sea in the bad weather and did those photos.

enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mumc...elated&search=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0bP0A-sRE&NR
Old 01-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
I'll dump on myself. The first time we took Moondance out, there wasn't much wind. So we motored a lot. Then we got to the "slot" and it picked up enough to put the sails up. I was reluctant to shut off the engine because there was some question as to the starter not working right. But, eventually, I shut it off. We sailed for a bit, then the wind died. It had been a long day of motoring so we decided to drop the sails and go home. When I pushed the start button to power up, she turned and turned, but would not fire up. My heart dropped. Our brand new, first boat, and she gave up on us. After about fifteen minutes of fumbling, checking batteries and connections, etc, etc, as we drifted ever closer to angel island, I had the phone in hand and was ready to call vessel assist. Just then my girlfriend points to the side of the aft cockpit lazerrette and says, "is that the choke?" I said, "No, but its the engine stop!" I had neglected to push the stop back down after I shut off the engine. I love my first mate, Lil buddy!

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 01-15-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
G- THANK YOU. The only water I can see right now is white and fluffy!!!

I was waiting for the punch line though, "these 2 Hungarians were training in a 470....." I thought you were going to let me have it with some witty sailing joke!
Old 01-15-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
G- THANK YOU. The only water I can see right now is white and fluffy!!!

I was waiting for the punch line though, "these 2 Hungarians were training in a 470....." I thought you were going to let me have it with some witty sailing joke!
Nope, I can be serious, too. And had enough laughs today.

Here is some upclose "flying" for you!! Enjoy!!

Last edited by Giulietta; 01-15-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2007
Thanks Courtney.

Now that is a great photo!

Who is the ghost driver?
Old 01-15-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Don't feel too bad T, we're shivering down here on the 3rd Coast as well. Starting to wish I'd kept going to Florida!

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 01-15-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Giulietta-

Your signature should say
Quote:
S/V/Y/B/ Bomba, 1999 Optimist. Gave to kid but he refused...below his Yatch standards.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 01-15-2007
Telstar 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
Now that is a great photo!

Who is the ghost driver?
Especially since Giulietta is hidden behind the sail. If we could see him...it would only be an okay photo.

Telstar 28
New England