You will need to get your CBP decal - or whatever that is called - to put on the boat and supply number to CBP when you call after entering US. They probably told you about it in the SVRS program.
It's called a DTOPS decal. https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov/main/#%20
It is best to get ahead. You can clear in without it but there is an extra fee that is the same amount as buying the decal except you don't get the decal. It's worth noting that the DTOPS decal is for the boat and SVRS is for crew so the owner may have gotten the decal already.
It is a 39 Lepord. Yes we are ultimately headed back to Westbrook ct.
The 39 Leopard is a fine sea boat. Unless something has changed Moorings moves all their boats from Cape Town South Africa to their charter bases on their own bottoms. The biggest downside is not quite enough handholds.
Coastal hops mean burning a lot of time going out and in. You can easily lose half a day each, plus the time you spend not moving at all. You also have fewer options as the wind shifts when cold fronts cross. If three days is okay why not take four and go straight from Marsh Harbour to Charleston? Hint: from North Man o' War Cut sail as close to 315°T as you can until the sea water temperature (on the depth sounder - RTFM) peaks then stay in the Gulf Stream until Charleston (or Beaufort NC) is NE then turn 315°T to the inlet.
You'll also find C&I much more pleasant outside of Florida.
What I would do is leave the Bahamas and aim for Block Island. Twelve(ish) days later turn left. *grin* That's a good sized chunk of ocean to bite off if you haven't made a real passage before. Everyone has to make their first of course. You can always decide it is too much and head for Jax, Charleston, or Norfolk. Of course it's a couple of days from deciding you've had enough and making port.
It's going to take you a few days to get ready to leave anyway so get off the dock. Go for a sail in the Sea of Abaco in the morning then have lunch (I like Curly Tails) before making your provisioning run at Price Right. Then dinner at the Jib Room. Next day run out through the cut into the ocean and head out about 10 miles and come back. Fix anything that is at all worrisome. The sail loft on Man o' War Cay can help with running rigging.