SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

That's not something you see everyday at a boatyard!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tanski 
#1 ·
I was visiting a small boatyard in Cornwall recently and I stumbled across a very unusual activity:-

Have you ever seen anything like it?

Pete

#2 ·
No, haven't seen that. Wonder whose job card he put that time on. At work we used to roll down the wheelchair ramps on our office chairs.

#9 ·
its been done... just use Gee and Haw. Its like port and starboard, only its a command to go a direction not a side of the boat. Huskies were the original sled dogs... They are programmed to follow the pack leader... Sadly it is a rare event indeed when a Husky accepts a human a pack leader.. They have (on occasion) accepted a rawhide as their leader though. That being the case the stick and a rawhide might work to "Steer."

#7 ·
That's great stuff right there. Reminds me of my childhood golden retriever. She would relentlessly chase and retrieve a tennis ball. We would first see how far we could throw it, across to neighbors yards, behind tree lines, whatever. She successfully and easily found it each time and begged for more. You would get a spit slobbered ball pressed up against your leg. We would get tired of throwing it, so we took out a baseball bat and swatted it as far into the woods as we could manage. So deep, no human would ever recover it. It was also slightly downhill, so more distance was gained, not to mention having no way to see what it ping-ponged off on descent. She would rocket into the woods, out of sight. Sometimes it would take as much as 30 mins, but she would trot back with the ball in her mouth every single time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.