Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
Let me first say congratulations on the new boat!!! Certainly an upgrade from some of those Euro-Porto tubs I keep hearing about! Yes your yellow boat will anchor much better than its white gelcoat cousins. The surface texture of the paint creates much more drag an thus it could be held with an electrical cord (16 gage min.)

Dear Mr. T, thank you for your kind words, and prompt response. Yes we are very proud of or "yellow menace" as we decided to call her, now.... we changed her name, am I to expect bad lick???

How exactly does one go from Portugual to NZ from west to east.

We carry the boat thru Africa, then on the water again, any Chinese in Africa that might send a missile to the African satelite??, once we cross Africa and enter the Panama canal, we will then attach our bowline to any boat, and cross in their wake, before his feathering prop closes

You may want to try turning the GPS ON. (Depress the button that says ) if you do decide on the scenic route it s a good thing you chose the boat you did as you will have to sail it backwards once you cross the equator for your GPS to function properly.

Our boat does not have batteries but we have a foot pedal generator that we use, what charger do you recommend?? and shall I connect the batteries in series or in parallel??

(Please also remember to hit the button on your sextant at the exact time of crossing over. You may also need to invert you sextant in the wouthern hemishere to compensate for the reverse rotation of the earth. (Yes it does start turning the other way after you cross equator) Best Wishes and good luck.

Thank you...one more question....what books shall I read??? We bought the autobiography of Paris Hilton is that a good navigational book???

By the way should you decide not go to NZ you may be able to sell your boat to someone else who may want to circumnavigate in it!

Yes, the brings me to the next question, what boat is good to circunnavigate coastaly????
Respectfully,

T

Sooooo many questions, so many threads.....where shall I start????

Can I navigate the ICW zig-zagging between the shallows and the not so shallows??? Our mast is 3' tall...my question is : will people throw eggs at us when we pass under the bridges????

Last edited by Giulietta; 01-25-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2007

soul searcher is on a distinguished road
The Roc-nite aint worf a dam. da best anchor ever was the Zug. He stood more upright than any of the other models so could anchor in upta five feet of water the Zug also had bigger feet then the others and a more robust neck to tie the vine off to. The only time we drug the Zug it was blowin harder than a T-Rex with a sinus infection. and frum every deriction includin straight down and even then he would of held if xok had been watchin the breathing reed and not run over it darn shame losen the Zug like at. What an anchor it was even self retrievin althogh in cold water tou might have to wack it with the bronto bone vang to get it off the bow. I shure wishI could find a cheap supply of Zugs! and a couple ibexs to make a new jib out of.

Zog

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Old 01-25-2007
Larus Marinus

Idiens is on a distinguished road
For you, I have a special product. An all new anchor-polymer for small craft. It comes in handy 5 litre self-disolving-plastic containers. Anchoring is easy, just gently poor a quantity on the sea all around your boat. The anchor polymer works almost instantly, solidifying the water and anchoring your boat to any convenient bottom. Repeat after 8 hours to prevent dragging.

For larger vessels, we have a more advanced product that freezes the water to high quality ice down to a depth of 100 m.
Old 01-25-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
If you're going to use a rock anchor... I highly recommend using pumice... since it is nice and light and easy to handle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-25-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul searcher
The Roc-nite aint worf a dam. da best anchor ever was the Zug. He stood more upright than any of the other models so could anchor in upta five feet of water the Zug also had bigger feet then the others and a more robust neck to tie the vine off to. The only time we drug the Zug it was blowin harder than a T-Rex with a sinus infection. and frum every deriction includin straight down and even then he would of held if xok had been watchin the breathing reed and not run over it darn shame losen the Zug like at. What an anchor it was even self retrievin althogh in cold water tou might have to wack it with the bronto bone vang to get it off the bow. I shure wishI could find a cheap supply of Zugs! and a couple ibexs to make a new jib out of.

Zog
Dear Soul,

could you write that in english, please!!!!

We are very interested in the Zug, do you have videos of it being pulled by an army tank???
Old 01-25-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiens
For you, I have a special product. An all new anchor-polymer for small craft. It comes in handy 5 litre self-disolving-plastic containers. Anchoring is easy, just gently poor a quantity on the sea all around your boat. The anchor polymer works almost instantly, solidifying the water and anchoring your boat to any convenient bottom. Repeat after 8 hours to prevent dragging.

For larger vessels, we have a more advanced product that freezes the water to high quality ice down to a depth of 100 m.
Would this be a new version of, or a hybrid of the traditional storm oil!! If the container is self-disolving, do I really have to pour it around the boat or can I just chuck it over the side and let the container spread it around for me?

G- Standby, I have to beat the children and duct tape them into bed before responding!
Old 01-25-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
One more quastion, do you think the GPS will delete itself and the shroud break if I don't flush my head and replace my packing?
Only in Portugal. You're not in Portugal, are you?

And stop hijacking the thread.. this is serious about anchors!
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 01-25-2007

soul searcher is on a distinguished road
No video for you!! We pulled on it with a brontosaurus and it stuck like a tic-a-sauris on a mamoth

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Old 01-25-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt
Only in Portugal. You're not in Portugal, are you?

And stop hijacking the thread.. this is serious about anchors!
OHhhhh S**T that's why I've been sailing in circles....the GPS is racist!!!! Refuses to work here

YES I AM TERRRRORIST THRRRREAD STEALERRRR I WILL STILL ALL THRRRRREADS TILL SAILNET STOPS SELLING FEAMALE TAMPOONS, FOR VAGINA!!!!!! AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 01-25-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
G- Let me first say that after doing research and reviewing the data you do NOT have to invert your sextant as long as it is not an Astolab Mk IV Megablaster 2000 with the new lazer site that the Chineese got from Bill Clinton.

Dear Mr. T, thank you for your kind words, and prompt response. Yes we are very proud of or "yellow menace" as we decided to call her, now.... we changed her name, am I to expect bad lick???
I'm not sure what this means, but in your case I think it is safe to say that you should expect "bad lick". (kinda goes without saying!)

Our boat does not have batteries but we have a foot pedal generator that we use, what charger do you recommend?? and shall I connect the batteries in series or in parallel??
Yes you should connect your two D cells into a serious parallel. The generator should charge them full so long as you can continue to pedal for 48 hour following each 1.5 hours you run your GPS. (Testing based on an artificial environment and a non-existent boat with upgrades that haven't been invented yet.) Your results may vary.

Thank you...one more question....what books shall I read??? We bought the autobiography of Paris Hilton is that a good navigational book???
I believe the Paris Hilton Manual can be a very valuable tool and teach many types of navigation, none of which will be useful on you boat. However you may be able to pick-up some tips on attracting underweight, skinny, bimbo, hos, while in port. I would recommend getting the soon to be released Ken Barnes books "How to sail like a Cuban refugee", and "Circumnavigating One Coast".

Yes, the brings me to the next question, what boat is good to circunnavigate coastaly????
Haper Collins is hoping that you will write the manual for this one "What boat is good to circunnavigate coastaly????" as the Portuguese have a real nack for it. That is why they only discovered Africa (They sailed south until they ran into it!), and it took a stupid Italian who couldn't read a map, sailing some Spanish Prams to discover the New World.

I hope this fully answers your questions, though I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Best Wishes
T

Last edited by T34C; 01-25-2007 at 08:42 PM.