Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Well we're amazed, too.
Now...after all this is being "transpired" to a more public "level"....we're having problems with the Spanis, that now, embarrassed, insist he was Spanish...They tried a DNA test, but was in vain...funny is...everyone knows he had a brother...and he was Portuguese...however THAT might be possible....

Also Zarco's house in Santo Domingo, Dom. Republic, said to have belonged to Comombo's brother is full of ancient Portuguese, not Spanish, writtings on the walls. And if you ask anyone in Sto Domingo they say Colombo was Portuguese...

But the story amazes me. there's a new book, that a newa guy wrote a yar ago that came out that clarify all this with proof....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Giu -- The real question is this: does anyone on here (besides you obviously) care???????????????

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 01-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Ouch!

Oh, now that was just downright mean, sailormitch! And Giu has been nothing but nice to everyone on here... All kidding aside, I am very interested. I think they still teach kids here that he discovered America. What a joke. History is written by the victors. It would be nice to know the truth about some things, especially our real history. I used to bitch about lobbyists, saying that they have no place in our government. Then somebody pointed out that the founding fathers were all businessmen looking for a way to gain the tax money for themselves instead of just giving it to the Brits. The original lobbyists, if you will. Patriotism was a side note. History has many options.

Vaya con Dios
Old 01-27-2007

Culinary411 is on a distinguished road
Giu...
I don't talk much on here lately but I read it all.....I care. Interesting stuff.
Old 01-27-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
I care. Trouble is the Irish discovered America 800 years before Columbus, or Zarco, or what ever name he was going by, could even row a boat!!!
Old 01-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I still say that Columbus was a slacker, and the guy who really deserves the credit is either Leif Ericson or Amerigo Vespucci..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-27-2007
Senior Moment

Ok, Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
I care. Trouble is the Irish discovered America 800 years before Columbus, or Zarco, or what ever name he was going by, could even row a boat!!!
T34 -- but were the Irish sober enough to write it down at the time???????

OK -- glad you all care. Besides, I was mainly just giving Giu a hard time. I never knew that Portugal was the birth of civilization until he showed up here!

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 01-27-2007
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend
think they still teach kids here that he discovered America. What a joke. History is written by the victors. It would be nice to know the truth about some things, especially our real history. I used to bitch about lobbyists, saying that they have no place in our government. Then somebody pointed out that the founding fathers were all businessmen looking for a way to gain the tax money for themselves instead of just giving it to the Brits. The original lobbyists, if you will. Patriotism was a side note. History has many options.
The real answer to who "discovered" America? Some "Indian" thousands of years ago.

Which leads to this joke:

White Man to Indian: What did you call America before the white man came?

Indian: Ours!

Old 01-27-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Mitch- They made the voyage in a boat made of wood and ox hide. Would you want to be sober crossing the N. Atlantic in that?

I'm pretty sure we will soon learn that Jesus is actually a Portuguese name and that they have found evidence of Adam and Eve in Porto.
Old 01-27-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
Actually you are all wrong. It was the Greeks that essentially gave us medicine, our government,philosophy,theater, science, and I think sheep.
pigslo

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.