Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Who Was Colombo???

Who was Columbus for real????

Well, he was Portuguese, bastard cousin of King John of Portugal, born in CUBA, Portugal, grand son of Gonçalves Zarco, the one that found Madeira and the Azores.

His name was Salvador Fernandes Zarco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Fernandes_Zarco
http://www.answers.com/topic/salvador-fernandes-zarco

and to cut a long story short, he was hired by his cousin, the King, to go to Spain, take some maps with him, and present himself as an Italian navigator, with the objective of finding a better route to India, to screw the Portuguese.

Well, the whole thing was a conspiracy, just to keep them Spanish away from the Portuguese commercial routes to india.

From wrong names, to wrong distances marked in maps, he had the Spanish fooled....the true antilles are in Greenland.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I always thought he was a TV detective played by Peter Falk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-26-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Funny,

but I actually was serious about it...oh well..I'll go preach somewhere else..
Old 01-26-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Giu, you're like "the sheep who cried wolf" . . . nobody will ever take you seriously here.
Old 01-26-2007

Well I am serious now, and can be every now and then, when needed....
Old 01-26-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
G- Interesting. Its the first 15th Century conspiracy theory I've heard. You should get a book called, "Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings" by Charles H. Hapgood. The whole book is about these ancient maps, draw by an unknown people, that depicted accuratly, parts of the world that were thought undiscovered at the time. They showed things like Antartic coast line without ice cover. Also showed N. American coast long before it was discovered an certainly long before it had been charted. They discuss the idea that Columbus may have had a copy of one of these maps but it was copied with the wrong scale. Factor in your conspiracy theory and it gets more interesting.
Old 01-26-2007

Yes thanks for taking me seriously T. Its amazing isn't it??

Well what happens is that we have a Document Center deposit in Lisbon, Portugal, called "Torre do Tombo" where the multiple governments, Church, etc. kept all the secret documents away from the public.
In 1974, when Portugal's political regime went from Fascist to Social Democratic, they said that they were going to open the the deposit to public consultation, but it would tak3 30 years to protect some of the identities of old regimen people and such.

Well, I beleive in 2004 they opened the deposit to some people and a lot of interesting documents were made public....imagine the US gov. decides to release who killed Kennedy, Area 51 mystery, and where the hell is Hoffa!!!
Old 01-26-2007
Grampian 26 Owner

sidiag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
I always thought he was a TV detective played by Peter Falk.
Didn't he discover Key West?

Oh, Just one more question, If you dont mind.

Stan G.
s/v Tryphena a '74 Grampian 26
-------------

Old 01-27-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
uhhmm - okay - let's see if I have this straight - John hired Sal to pretend to be Gino so that they could get to Delhi in order to copulate with the DeSousas, and hopefully do it so well that Degas lost his sense of direction... They say those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it so I guess the moral of the story is never leave Lake Ontario without a GPS huh ?
Old 01-27-2007

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
It's amazing that so little has been known about such an important person in history. If it was a "state secret," as you suggest, that would certainly explain it. We've traditionally been taught about what he did, but very little about who he was.