SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Endeavor 37 ?????

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SimonV 
#1 ·
Jeff Jeff, you out there.

Any thoughts on this fine lookin yacht. The main draw back I can see is the large aft cockpit.

Simon

• Haha
Reactions: rupertoffshore
#2 ·
Simon...my take...Nice, medium to heavyish production boats that were made just a bit better than most production boats of their day. Fairly slow but roomy and seaworthy. Typical problems found with blisters/deck delam and bad tanks so check those things caefully. Decent tankage for a boat this size.

#5 ·
We had two Endeavours in our family, One of which was a 37. I really did not like the boat at all. Build quaility was quite mediocre to poor, but my real gripe was with the Endeavour 37's motion. which was one of the most uncomfortable motion that I have encountered in my sailing career. Sailing ability was pretty mediocre as well.

Jeff

#6 ·
Jeff_H said:
We had two Endeavours in our family, One of which was a 37. I really did not like the boat at all. Build quaility was quite mediocre to poor, but my real gripe was with the Endeavour 37's motion. which was one of the most uncomfortable motion that I have encountered in my sailing career. Sailing ability was pretty mediocre as well.

Jeff
Jeff when you mention the motion, could you be more specific as I have looked at chart comparisons with similar boats. The Endeavour 37 has one of the best capsize ratio (1.68) but motion seems to equate to (38.19) which seems slightly higher than the standard but not by much, the poorer the capsize ratio the better the motion?

As yachts more capable for ocean crossings seem to fit in the category of capsize ratio < 2.0 it would appear it's a trade off for safety at sea.

Hull speed is right up there with similar boats (7.34)

#7 ·
Simon...forget the #'s. They are virtually meaningless when it comes to comfort. I have riends with an endeavor 44 which is quite comfortable but slow...but hull speed is probably greater than the 37 based on waterline. ... and if Jeff says the motion on the 37 sucks...you can believe it. You can't pick a good boat for sea by the numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.