Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007

oscarzulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to oscarzulu
Thanks for the replies, I've thought about all these responses... unfortunately the loss of the boat would be the end of my lien as I understand. Plus there's that whole karma thing too.
I have been in contact with the secretary who had said that she and the owner want to settle this up, but that was about a month ago.
I believe my biggest ally here would be his daughter who seems quite genuine.

I've been hesitant to escalate the calls as I need him to sign my sea service form so that I can get my captain's license. After 4 years of skippering his boat not getting his signature would mean my needing to 90 more days out on the water... Which would probably mean an additional 3-4 months before I could get licensed. (See Need maritime legal advice pt. II)

I'm just hoping the guy is dragging his feet and thinking of the interest he's incurring on the money he owes me, I know that that has been his business tactic throughout his life.
Again thanks for the responses, I'd appreciate help on the next topic as that'll dictate my actions concerning this post.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Oscar-
"as I need him to sign my sea service form" Well, that sure complicates things. I mistook your post for a simple contractor's complaint, i.e. mechanics lien. Confess now, did you eat all the strawberries & ice cream?

Pigslo-
Which "we" is where? I'm not suggesting the US system can be fixed in ten minutes on the back of an envelope, but even the judicial associations agree that it is so ripe with abuse that something long needs to be done. On the small scale, even the NYTimes recently had an article about NYS trying to change the basic levels, because so many local judges are simply local clowns who literally ignore the law. Among other problems. But then again, the NYTimes *and* the entire NYC/NYS judicial system also long ignored the point that judgeships could (and doubtlessly still can) be bought, even in NYC, by party members with the price of a new car.
Great way to run the courts. (Not.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook