Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Salon table resource needed

Anyone know where I can find a salon table that will attach to the deck support pole and slide up and down? I want to be able to slide it all the way up out of the way. Not a folding centerline, and does not have its own post. I have seen them on Beneteaus, but I do not know if they are proprietary. Any leads would help.

Vaya con Dios
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
When you say deck support pole, do you mean Compression Post? I am not totally following you. What boat do you sail? Is it a Catalina?
Old 02-15-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Sailors used to just make them. A board, a clamp, everything else is up to you.
Old 02-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Yes, sorry, the compression post. The boat is a CS34. The table I have seen is similar to the Catalina 320 table (without the stand) and has a bracket that attaches to the post with arms that support the table. I could make one, but I have enough projects already.

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-15-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I owned a 320 at one time. Here is how the table worked: You had a tension screw that, when loosened, would allow you to put pressure on the table and it would push down to the flat position (for an extra berth).

If you are looking for something that is removeable, the 350 has that, and I think the old 387's too. I do not remember the 320 being removeable... but I have owned a few boats since then. Talk to these people at Catalina Direct: 1-800-959-7245. I think they are primarily the smaller boats, but they may be able to direct further. If not, let me know and I will find out from Catalina where they get the hardware for their removeable tables. Take care.

- CD

As far as the table itself, I bet you will be forced to going to a yard or cabinet maker/wood worker for that. You would need the exact size of the settee around your table. You are better off making one on your own. I am about to do the same thing (as I do not like the table on my boat). Besides, if you make your own, you can get creative in how it looks and do some really cool stuff. Nothing seems to show more on a boat than the saloon table!

(Just my thoughts)
Old 02-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

Thanks CD. You may be right about making the table itself. Its the bracket that I won't be able to make. I think I will head to the local yard and see what kind of business I can drum up.

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

Here is the table I am talking about. Its on a Beneteau 361. Its attached to the post and can raise up to the roof. Maybe I will contact Beneteau. And I just realized there is an outer sleeve that is tapped for the bracket bolts. That could be difficult to mimic.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-15-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You could always attach a piece of genoa track to the compression post, and have a local machine shop make you up a car that attaches to the rails and supports one end of the table. That way you can move it up and down, using pinstops.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-16-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Hey dawg...yer on to something there...you could use battcars to support the table and three part tackle to an eye ring in the center of the table to hoist her up and down! Put a power winch on the post and you could do it with the touch of a button!
Actually good thought!!
Old 02-16-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Oh now Cam-what's really needed is a couple of junk-yard supplied rear window hatch struts off an old Pinto. Then you could raise the table hydraulically. Just a nice smooth whoosh.

Actually, best- I'm thinking that you might be able to acquire a large diameter pipe band-aid for the job, to be similar to the factory sleeved rig. I'm sure there is a name for it, I can't recall now, but the band aid is designed to clamp over a pipe to stop a leak. In essence, it's a larger than the pipe to be covered sized pipe. That larger pipe is split lengthways, hinged on one side, with bolts for tightening on the opposite side. Wing nuts could replace the bolts for ease of use. That would give you the "collar" you desire. Check with an industrial plumbing/pipe fitting supply house.