Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
TDW - do you have the web site for the Sydney Harbor cam on top of the Harbor bridge? Can't find it and wanted to see the scenery with the QM2 in port.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1vsk
TDW - do you have the web site for the Sydney Harbor cam on top of the Harbor bridge? Can't find it and wanted to see the scenery with the QM2 in port.
TO be quite honest I didn't know such a thing existed, so no I don't have that link. If I find it I'll let you know. If you find it let me know please.

Oh, and by the way, too late. QM2 departed Sydney 2300 last evening.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 02-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
TD.....you've gotta quit drinking whatever you are drinking now...

Have you tried portuguese wine??? guaranteed your picture posting will improve!!!
Mate, I've got to stop drinking, full stop.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 02-20-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
tdw- Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QE2 and QM2 don't make it down-under very often. If memory serves, the QE2 once made it to WA. When the tugs went to turn her around in Freemantle harbour she was damn near touching both sides!
Old 02-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
tdw- Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QE2 and QM2 don't make it down-under very often. If memory serves, the QE2 once made it to WA. When the tugs went to turn her around in Freemantle harbour she was damn near touching both sides!
This is the first time for the QM2 into Sydney, that's why there was so much fuss and bother plus of course the fact that they were both in together. The QE2 usually comes in once a year I think. When they spun the QM2 near the Opera House there was not much space at each end.

Old 02-20-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
That photo is brilliant!
Old 02-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
That photo is brilliant!
Yeah, well, you know, I had the chopper out for a run and thought I might as well take a couple of snaps.

(Ahem, well thanks to the SMH chopper anyway)

Old 02-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
OHHHH My!!!! Jaysus, Mary, and Joseph, the Saints and Our Lady Of Fatima!!!!!!!! (All together at least 4 times)........

Have you guys realized you're admiring a power boat??????

OHHHH My!!!! Jaysus, Mary, and Joseph, the Saints and Our Lady Of Fatima!!!!!!!! (All together at least 4 times)........

Go to Powernet you traitors
Old 02-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta

Have you guys realized you're admiring a power boat??????

Go to Powernet you traitors

Jesus Gui, now you've ruined the whole thing. No else had noticed. Anyway, it's not as bad as that wally who posted a pic of a Yankee Automobile yesterday. Anyway, to redress the situation, check this out. We were tied up next to her in Newcastle (Australia) last month. Her names Athena, in the pic she's doing 15 knots in 20 knots of wind. Bit small and slow for my liking but what can you do ?

Old 02-21-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I saw a boat very similar in St. Thomas 3 days ago, slightly smaller but similar...can't remember the name...started with an A...a ladies name, Allania, Allna...ahh can't remember...

USA flag by Redhook...on my way to St. John..

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.