Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I got a call from Hunter, now....

They said we're OK...the only thing in common between Hunter and my boat is that they're both white and float....

DISCLAIMER (just in case):

THIS IS JUST A JOKE, NO HARM INTENDED ON HUNTER....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2007
can't re member

yotphix is on a distinguished road
Guilietta! You've been hanging around here long enough to know that Hunters don't float!
At least...not out of sight of shore!
Old 02-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotphix
That looks very fast. I sailed on a truly fast boat for the first time last weekend and I think I might be in the process of being converted! Screaming around at ten plus knots everywhere is pretty cool! Have you sailed it since the mods? Or are those figures projections? I'll do a blue water passage with you anytime!
Yotphix...we only did modulation before the launch...after that all mods are done by testing and trials..that's why I'm allways on the sea when I'm home....so to answer you, yes...we sailed her after, a lot!!!!

we're still a little far from optimal...and soon we will begin......you will all know when she gets to get loose!!!

CONVERTED????

Now...isn't it fantastic??? the speed, once the boat starts planning, around 8 kts...and she lifts off the wave...did you notice the smoothness, the fluttering on the hull stops??? Isn't it addictive???

I love when she starts "getting up"....its like breaking the sound barrier or something...I've had her at 17kts, so far, and a peak at 19!! and then the sea just rushe bellow the hull, and the whole thing becomes light, right???

That is what attracts me to it...I'd still cruise only one day, but for now...the feeling of going fast is absolutely undescrible...I cant explain....

I'm sure its as rewarding as cruising on a sunset like CD or TB do....

I just can't explain....and often people think we are noisy, loud and look weird...its absolutely the opposite...we're very calm, don't shout....and think twice...move once...you know....but when we stop,,,we then get loud...to relief the valve!!! thus the idea people have of us...I guess
Old 02-20-2007
Alex, not full of crap

werebeagle will become famous soon enough werebeagle will become famous soon enough
Giu

Any time you need crew, just let me know. I'll sail anywhere you're willing to go. Especially if Fred's along, so there's someone who really knows what they're doing.

Charlie
Old 02-20-2007
can't re member

yotphix is on a distinguished road
I had no idea that a sailboat with so much power would also have so much grace! More than slow boats even! The smoothness came as a complete shock to me. We had a little over twently knots of wind and a huge full main but only a little number three jib. All I could think was...MORE SAIL! Faster faster! I'm super stoked that I was invited to come racing this Saturday on the same boat! They have a 3000sq foot kite that should propel us into the next century!
Old 02-20-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I had no idea that a sailboat with so much power would also have so much grace! More than slow boats even! The smoothness came as a complete shock to me. We had a little over twently knots of wind and a huge full main but only a little number three jib. All I could think was...MORE SAIL! Faster faster! I'm super stoked that I was invited to come racing this Saturday on the same boat! They have a 3000sq foot kite that should propel us into the next century!
Buzz Lightyear...To Infinity And Beyond!!
Old 02-20-2007

Quote:
3000sq feet??? How big is that boat??? My Spinnaker is only 1560 Sq feet. Is that a maxi?? That boat must be at least 60'.

I?m happy you understood that bigger sail does not necessarily mean faster....sometimes means less heel (altough boats like mine are designed to be efficient even when heeled) and less heel means faster...we normally do not reef, unless its necessary, so we have other "tricks" to get around!!

Another thing, next time you're "riding the wave", go on the stern and look at the water as it flies from under the stern, it comes out straight and flat!!!! look at the wake....there is almost no wake too!!.

If you can (I love to do that), climb on the boom, lean against the sail and look forward and backwards....I can't explain it either....
Old 02-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
No doubt about it Giu . . . my boat is definitely faster than that tank . . .

Ok, so I'm a slow poke as well but damn that's a nice looking hull , TB.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 02-20-2007

T.....too funny.......
Old 02-20-2007

TDW....I like the Nauticat's hull too, in fact I like the whole boat...I used the word "cute" (meaning good looking) last week and got hammered....so whatever you say, don't say its cute, ok???

They make a larger one, also, I believe 38'....I think the lines are pure and clean