SD...you're a master with words....in 3 simple lines you said a lot, here is my carefull interpretation:
1) YOU SAID - you're a photography teacher, I UNDERSTOOD - therefore must be a lousy sailor
2) YOU SAID - Your students were bad, I UNDERSTOOD - they are as bad as the teacher that taught them
3) YOU SAID - My photos are blurred, I UNDERSTOOD - but I could have not posted them, thus you wouldn't know, some are quite sharp maybe you have míopia
4) YOU SAID You sail as you Golf, I UNDERSTOOD - sailing has ratings and one might call them handicaps, but no pars, or bogeys, altough in some coastal areas you might find Eagles and Birdies!!!
5) YOU SAID - You can't cook, I UNDERSTOOD - your cooking is as bad as your Multitude of recepies!!!
Besides, I have a really bad camera, no time and don't care about sharp pictures...its the moment that counts...
By the way, on a serious note...travelling soon to the US any good digital cameras you would recommend around $250 with zoom and movie??? More pixels is good, right??