Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
TDW,

Don't forget the matching socks pulled up to your knees. What is the matter with you? How could you miss that important point?

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
...but I do admit to presently owning one sport jacket, one tie (black), one pair of dress shoes and one pair of dress socks. All of the above were purchased beore the year 2000.

Soooooo, Mr. Cam...one can understand from your post above that you have no pants, underwear and shirt......riiiiiiight...one photo of Cam in a Sport jacket, with tie, dress shoes and sock coming up
Old 02-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Lets have dress code for this forum:
[IMG][/IMG]

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
No, wait, this one:

Judging by the frown on Cam's face I would say this is after the ring incident.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-27-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Like I said earlier: THis thread may have started off bad, but it does not have to end that way!!

WHew... unless Giu posts another picture.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAM'S WARDROBE REVEALED!!!!

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a photo of Cam in his favorite sailing jacket......

and his favorite foul weather clothes......

Old 02-27-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Ban him Cam. Ban him!!!

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-27-2007

Valdare is on a distinguished road
Well I have just taken two hours to read this thread... what happen to the Brit?
This did have a nice ending...or is ended? My gut hurts from laughing. Nice end to a work day. Catch ya latter..
John
Old 02-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

Don't go now! Have I really wasted two hours on this thing? Well, its raining hard here anyway.
Cam - CD is right, this may be the only chance we get to catch Giu insulting someone, so ban him now while we have the chance! (you know I joke Giu)

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-27-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
My personal view is that such discussions should be held over at fight club where bare knuckles seems to be the mode of discussion. Whether Cam was right or wrong, and my opinion on it, is not really germaine; I'm not Cam, and not burdened with his responsibilities.

I have found that lack of civility is the quickest way to kill a thread, valid thread or invalid. Interjecting personal attacks and hurtful sarcasm do nothing to advance the quest for knowledge. Those could perhaps be best left to fight club, as in; "meet me over at fight club" substituting for "you wanna step outside?". More often than should happen, a newbie is insulted and disappears without getting his question really answered. If we all know it all there is little purpose for the forum in the first place.

I would suggest that, if you wish to post "sailaway you're an ass and full of crap" you make a note referring me to such a post on fight club and then proceed with your well reasoned and thoughtful explanation of why what I have posted is lubberly. This will allow me to respond to your unenlightened view of my perfectly reasonable opinion and continue the thread towards enlightenment for all. I can then choose, or not choose, to respond to your personal attack on fight club. Very often there are opinions that are not perfectly expressed and it takes some time in the thread to sort out exactly what was meant. The personal attacks tend to short-circuit the thread before that happens.

This forum does not lend itself well to the thin-skinned. Attempts to impose political correctness, i believe, should be resisted. If offense is given, a quick apology should be the order of the day, but too quick a trigger on the "offense" button merely diverts us all into a meaningless battle. I, for one, refer to another member as a Portagee. If he took offense to that I am sure he would PM me and the practise would stop immediately. What would be uncalled for is some self-righteous no-nothing jumping in to call me a racist all the while knowing nothing of the relationship I have with that fine gentleman. If someone is offended, a PM or a diversion to fight club would seem to be the more reasonable approach.

Much more is revealed about a member's character by the tenor of their posts than by the actual content of said posts. There are members that I would love to spend an evening talking with and others I would not cross the street to greet. Usually the difference has little to do with their sailing opinions, but rather the way in which those opinions are expressed.

Now to the thread in question. I thought the original post, with the term abbreviated, was a reasonable approach and Robert Ganier's subtle suggestion of a different term was an improvement on that as well. As a matter of history the term is out-dated and implies an uncouthness in the user who continues to employ it. Whether or not it implies more than that I cannot say; only God is familiar with the hearts of unknown men. A gentle "Ahem" should be sufficient to remedy the situation. Flying off the handle with the verbal equivalent of shooting the Archduke Francis Ferdinand is not the answer. If the member in question is, in fact, a racist that fact will soon reveal itself and a quiet shunning will do more to eliminate him, or at least refine his behavior than anything else. Mounting the ramparts to refight the Civil War is mere puffery designed to only enhance the member's own personal self-image. I suspect that most of those who went off on the topic did not bother to post a PM to the effect that they were offended, prefering the public forum. Puffery.

If I have offended anyone in the past, I hereby offer my unconditional apology for doing so. On issues, I have strong opinions. On persons, I try to be mindful that I cannot know them as I might if they lived next door. I try to treat them, with greater or lesser success, as if they did live next door. I'd hate to think that their first reaction upon meeting me would be a punch in the snout. Mind you, I do relish the give and take of the site and have to be conscious of not crossing the ethereal line. That being said, this is a sea-going site and a certain amount of salty flavor should be expected (and PC does not live in salt water). It's Cam's job to keep the salinity down to a heavy spray and prevent the shipping of green seas. I think he's steering fine in a confused sea and should not be relieved until we drop the harbor pilot.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.