Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Cam,
Bravo! And I agree with Cobra that you owe no one an apology. Keep up the great work you are doing.
Tom shannon
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007
Moody 46

orthomartin is on a distinguished road
give him a break

Britsailor is clearly a huge liberal. Give him a break as they live in their own "special world"
Old 02-27-2007

Britsailor is an unknown quantity at this point
all comments and opinions noted....
Old 02-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
The Bastards of the party

Nice one CD! You slipped it right in there!
I stayed out of the original post and voicing my opinion. Personally, I thought it would have disappeared much sooner. I live in the Bay area. One of the most diverse and (sometimes) progressive places in the world. So, I tend not to put up with bigotry, racism, slander, whatever you want to call it. I like people to be people. The uneducated usually throw the first stone. Has anyone watched "The Bastards of the Party"? (HBO) There was a comment by the narrator, a former "blood" gang member. To paraphrase, he said that its much harder to kill each other when we call each other "brother" instead of "n_____".
I am a "***", a "guinee", the word is so old, I can't even spell it! But thats the point, the conflict with my heritage is over, way over, so it doesn't offend me. But Black people in America are still in the midst of their conflict. Its still a hot topic and a volitile word, and the more you use it, the more you feed the fire. You are entitled to your opinion, freedom of speech, slander, but remember, how would you feel if you were on the other end. Respect?

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-27-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
Have I mentioned what a nice day it was Sunday... Beautiful yesterday too... Catalina makes a better yacht than Hylas... I am uncertain which anchor to choose, can someone help? SHould I crimp or solder??

Thank you everyone in advance for all of your help as I know nothing about sailing or cruising...

- CD
Someone has been sniffing the paint thinner again...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-27-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
I think CD was very subtley, and I mean very subtley making the point that we have plenty to fight about on this board.
pigslo
Old 02-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Geez Pigslo.. I can't be sarcastic for just a minute... There are plenty of things to disagree about on a sailing forum... Mono vs. Multi, fin vs full keel... etc..

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-27-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Or could it be that maybe we need to stick with issues related to Sailing.
Old 02-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Is it OK for me to hate the French and their wine (and whine) and stating my hate for them here???
Old 02-27-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
Sorry, SD it is just so out of character for you to be sarcastic. Don't forget aft cockpit/centercockpit, sloop/ketch, blonde/brunnette. But the all time winner to start a fight..... goes to..... may I have the envelope please. "Can I take a -------- offshore?"
pigslo