Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007

2STF2 is on a distinguished road
sailaway21----i like the sound of that;Ultimate live-aboard, what is this CY Tung you speak of?

TOMINDC2- yes yes, we all agree, on the cat, if we could afford it we would get a cat vs. a mono. We have actually been looking at the Gemini 105MC, its about at the top end of cash to spend, might be too much. (Were still paying off school loans and cars and girls and condos) but we are still considering the Gemini.

uspirate----------indeed cash talks, and those are just slighty out of our budget......at this point of our lives...and when we do have the money...this is the one....http://www.deltayachtsbrokerage.com/...unboat-en.html

Sailormann------ the 4 or 5 of us get along to well, we have known each other since 6 and 7th grade, still hang out to much to this day, have shared normal beds before, shared girls before, shared girls and beds, and have all been teaching sailing and saving lifes with each other for 10 years or so. We have no problem sharing cabins its just when the ladies are lucky enough to spend the night at sea with us we would like more then 2 cabins..3 cabins and a few berths, maybe stacked ones would be fine. 2 cabins and some berths would work to...but 3 would be better. I will have a look at the ones you listed..

Thanks again to you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2007

Artwerke is on a distinguished road
You might check out an old Morgan 46, I looked at 1 the other day,2 single berths in fore cabin, 2 sea berths in sallon, 2 single berths in mini cabin/passageway, double berth in aft cabin, along with a friggin bath tub.
It even fits your price range, and will probably out sail the junk. Art.
Old 02-28-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
I looked at a lot of Morgans. I think some here say there are too many problems? I am not the one to ask about that, others know more. But, the problem I had with them was that no matter how big they where, they still had aft quaterberths, no aft cabin. Lots of single berths, pilots etc. Maybe I just never found one that had an aft cabin and they do exist. (well, i was wrong, just found a morgan 462 with aft cabin!) Would you consider a ketch? They make great livaboards and party boats, very impressive with the ladies! They usually have a big aft cabin for the catch of the day. wink,wink. I suggested moorings earlier, but not sure you would find one big enough and in good enough condition under 100k. The beneteau oceanis line puts out tri-cabins. They would be at the top of your budget. Tayana 42, Endeavor, custom ketchs(bruce roberts), CSY?

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-28-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2007

Artwerke------yes i like the look of the Morgans...and layouts

bestfriend -----------------i almost like aft quaterberths for us (that means it has 2 in the AFT?) rather then one aft cabin. We would def. consider a ketch.
Old 02-28-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
yeah bro,that Cat is smokin!
Old 02-28-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I don't know....5 guys...in a small boat...no matter how much they talk about bringing women, and women this and women that.....that's....too cosy.... for us Southern Europeans

Except in Spain, Belgium and Maine.
Old 02-28-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Have you seen the video of Safari, the Gunboat 62 that is a charter... funny to watch... www.safaricharter.com

Personally, I like tris more than cats...but if someone gave me a Gunboat 62, I wouldn't mind...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-28-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Just be careful on the Great Lakes with Cats. Not many of the harbors/marinas have slips that can accomadate that much beam. Some have very, very limited availablity. Some will put a cat only on a cross T at the end of a dock. Not very many in the area are set up to handle them. Call around and find out. I know that a folding Tri sometimes makes more sence because of dockage.

Also, (I did not read the entire thread) has any body mentioned something like a Beneteau 50. (I know the B word is often scorned on this site) They have a four cabin layout available with doubles in each. This layout is very popular with the charter trade.
Old 02-28-2007

Giulietta-----------hmmmmm i dont even know what to say about your women comments...maybe you like dudes......(which is cool with me if you do)

sailingdog----------ya ive been watching that Vid like 3 times a week for a while now,totally sick.

sailortjk1--------------true indeed with the harbors here in Chicago,which is why we are looking at more Mono hulls now., and whats the problem with Beneteau and people on this forum..since im a newbie to this forum?

thanks again to all
Old 02-28-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The Gemini is only 14' wide, so it will fit in alot of the larger slips without much problem. My tri is 18' wide...so if it didn't fold, it'd have some serious slep limitations...

2STF2-

I love that video... so much fun... and one thing I show people when they ask me why I sail a trimaran...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.