Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Pigs- Judging by that spectacular form, he may show real promise in the Steeple Chase. Perhaps the swim team is missing the mark??
Old 03-08-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
We are quite proud. No, T34C, he is afraid of horses and has a swimmers build. Gymnastics are out but he is considering wrestling and diving.
pigslo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Guess he could give a whole new meaning to a corkscrew dive, eh?

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2007

chris_gee is on a distinguished road
Hmm. What I meant is that an attitude may appear strange or stupid when the context, that is the person is unknown. When you know where the person is coming from the attitude, may be more understandable.

Pets may be part of the family, but some people may go over the top. For some they may be a substitute for children, for various reasons. It happens. It doesn't mean one has to share their attitude but one might have difficulty changing it. If someone has a pit bull, which most, rightly or wrongly, think includes a Staffordshire bull terrier, one might suspect a background of violence which gives a strong emotional need for protection.

As some point out she seems to be thinking emotionally rather than rationally.

In a forum the person is unknown, and while I agree that direct feedback can have value, it might be tempered as it would be in say a yacht club, where a rolled eye, or muttered comment goes unnoticed.

The points were answered sensibly. The emotional inconsistencies were noted. So the person has some issues? Very unusual. Do we need to go into comments on their photo?

The strength of forums like these is that they encompass all from raw beginner to international expert, as people, largely without regard to age, wealth, politics etc. That there are also individual vagaries may be noted, but as in real life one may accept rather than focus on them.

Last edited by chris_gee; 03-08-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Chris - I understand your point, and it is very thoughtful. However I don't think it is my, or anyone elses responsibility, to just over look someones mental or emotional deficits, weather here or at the yacht club. Unless you are saying that she is truely handicaped or mentaly ill, I think the argument could be made quite to the contrary, that it is the obligation of someone, opening themselves up to discourse in a public forum, to remove their emotional hang-ups and preconceived ideas before asking for comment.

I do agree that "jabbing" someone because of a photo is not really called for, unless the photo is included in the topic by the poster.

PB- I think thats a "porkscrew" dive!
Old 03-08-2007

dogsailors is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 12 pages just for me?

I am amazed that there is an entire thread dedicated to how insane I am[score one for me]. I do love my dogs as children but I do not think that it is all that foriegn considering the dog clothing companies magazines etc. Insulting me for a long 12 pages just shows the bordom in our society, hence the reason we go sailng. To escape from the norm as well as the idiot masses. I do not drive a volvo. I am a horseshoer by trade and and am anything but typical. I rode frieght trains as a juvenile and traveled the country for free. So I am used to the sceptisism such as being a woman horseshoer. I am not suprised by the comment regarding my husband hair. Another typical comment from a mainstream 9-5 pice of sh*t. He is a scuba and surfing instructor for juvenile delinqunts and spends all day fixing your f**ked up kids. I am suprised that in a group of people who should be out of the box are so closed minded. Why do people feel the need to tell others what the can and cannot do? I am not even going to comment on the blonde jokes.
Old 03-08-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Well, OK, I was wrong in my last post regarding a sense of humor. I know a handful of farriers who DO have one, I guess she doesn't.
So, about the horseshoeing, do you do ponies? I need something in a non skid, yet with a good grip on wet surafces.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Old 03-08-2007

minature horse

Dale Im sure that your pony is far to small for my professional attention.
Old 03-08-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsailors
Dale Im sure that your pony is far to small for my professional attention.
Haha,, see you do have a sense of humor,, very good.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Old 03-08-2007

Angry

I am actually very easy to get along with. Just that sailing dog wont drop it and has brought me up in several threads. sailing dog where do you live?