Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Side note:
The guy that I first crewed for had SS angle iron welded up that replaced the toe rails on the bow. VERY effective in pre-race manouveing!!!! I saw it rip off 1 BBQ grill, 1 stern pushpit, and put 3 holes thru the hull of another boat. (All in 1 season of racing!!)
Old 03-05-2007

BADG is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

SD, didn't you already make this point in the original thread that you quoted dogsailors from? Also I don't see her post thanking people for their replies in your quote.

While I have no dog in this fight - pun intended - I have noticed there is a certain contingency of posters here lately who have been a bit juvenile and tend to hijack threads for their own entertainment, posting "witty" locker room banter instead of staying on topic as did happen in the thread you quote from. That might be the source of frustration for the poster seeking persons with actual experience and not just somebody's lips & A**hole if you know what I mean.

Not long ago I would have guessed you as a moderator with your criticism of people for not following proper forum etiquette. Might I suggest one of those "chill pills" of which you speak?

edited to correct names

Last edited by BADG; 03-06-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Ah come on BADG. The initial answers in that thread addressed her concerns, They came from people like me who have cruised with animals (in my case a dog and a cat) and found the experience to be less than wonderful for the animals. Again in my case I tried to make the point that while cruising from one marina to another was Ok the idea of an extended offshore cruise with animals was not fair on them. For us animal lovers that's an unfortunate fact but a fact nonetheless.

Sure it went downhill from there but really , what can you expect ?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-06-2007

donrr1 is on a distinguished road
tdw, could you elaborate on what it was like with the cat aboard? I have a young one that I've had for a few months. While I won't be going anywhere out of the Chesapeake anytime soon, in a couple of years we will be doing some extensive cruising. I have already planned to keep my eyes on her behavior while living aboard and the bay trips I'll be taking with her. If you prefer, you can PM your experience with it to me.

Don
Old 03-06-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I've heard that cruising with cats is actually reasonably easy...since they're much lower maintenance than two 40+ lbs. dogs would be. Many LD cruisers, including Tania Aebi, have written about their experiences with cats aboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-06-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADG
I have noticed there is a certain contingency of posters here lately who have been a bit juvenile and tend to hijack threads for their own entertainment, posting "witty" locker room banter instead of staying on topic
I have noticed that the original question got answered several times; fairly and honsetly. That particular person did not like the suggestions she was given. Her mind was made up before she solicited for advice. Nothing anybody said or did was going to please her, other than "I think its a great idea."

The humor is part of what makes this work, we have had this discussion.
In fact we have had all of these discussions.

I noticed that the same topic gets brought up about the same thing over and over again. Do ya see me complain? NO.

The questions do get answered. Threads do get hijaked. The topic changes. We joke around.
So what?
Old 03-06-2007

BADG is on a distinguished road
Sailortj, I am not defending dogsailors - that thread is irrelevant to me. This thread is gratuitous and contrary to the content.

Joking is perfectly acceptable (I even partake on occasion) but when it renders a thread useless by having to sort through pages of name-calling, it is too much. People will find other sources for information where they do not have to wade through all the BS.

edited to correct names

Last edited by BADG; 03-06-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2007

I understand and respect your point of view.

There is a time and a place for everything. (Even joking/humor)
Old 03-06-2007
Mostly Harmless

ReverendMike will become famous soon enough
It's a shame this site doesn't have a bunch of article that people could go to for info before starting silly threads that just ask to be 'jacked.

T34C & sailingdog- let's not forget the wombatapult (though i don't know it's effective range)

"... the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze." - Richard Bode, First you have to row a little boat (pg. 94)
Old 03-06-2007

There are plenty of articles in the archive.
See the button on the top of the page that says "Articles"