SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Attitude is the difference... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/29968-attitude-difference.html)

sailingdog 03-05-2007 08:55 PM

Attitude is the difference...

Ever notice how some people that come to Sailnet respond very differently from others...

For instance... Bernie K's response in this chartering thread was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie K
Thank you all for your great comments -- that is what is so great about this board! Individuals such as yourselves take the time to help out sailor wannabees... I'm going to pick up the the cruising guide tomorrow. Thanks so much for the sites --- only one month to go!.

Appreciate the warning on Willy T.

Again, thanks for your replies!

Bernie

While over on the cruising forum, you have Dogsailors, with these two responses:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsailors
Both dogs have done extensive coastal cruises as well as hiked the appalachain trail and canoed down several rivers once even in the atlantic. My dogs are cared for far better than most and I will not feel sorry for a dog who eats and sleeps all day. I was not asking for opinions but simply wanted to know if anyone has cruised with these near genuis dogs. Obviously no one on this site is acctually out cruising so I will have to see for my self. Good luck arm chair sailors have fun talking sh*t while Im out sailing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsailors
excuse me for asking if anyone OWNS AND CRUISES with bull dogs. was never interested in your opinions since you DO NOT CRUISE with bull dogs. Real friendly site I feel so welcome.

Both people were asking questions, and getting good, critical, and useful feedback IMHO—yet their responses are totally different. It seems that some of the newbies on sailnet want to only have their beliefs and ideas justified, rather than a wholehearted, honest, if somewhat humorous, discussion of the topic.

Do you think newbies, like Dogsailors and Horseatingweeds, are being too sensitive, or do they need to take chill pill and learn to deal?

Also, if you were out on the water...which would you want to be sailing near? If you had to crew for one...who would you rather crew for? If you had to have one as crew in an emergency, who would you want on your boat?

T34C 03-05-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingdog

Also, if you were out on the water...which would you want to be sailing near?

Could you be more specific as to their range and maybe closing speed???

sailaway21 03-05-2007 09:09 PM

That woman drives a Volvo station wagon. I know she drives one. And you know she does.
Valiente deserves the Sailnet Cross, with Oak Leaf clusters.

Question: How long would she last with the Portagee?

You're right between the hawse pipes Dog. Peoples personalities don't take too long to reveal themselves. In my experience, people with the latter's personality usually lock themselves in their room alone after their watch. Just as well, it wouldn't hardly be prudent to take a walk on deck in the dark.

sailingdog 03-05-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T34C
Could you be more specific as to their range and maybe closing speed???

And what armanents were available aboard the boat you were on??

Sailaway21-

I thnk you've insulted Volvo drivers as a whole. :D Even I wouldn't inflict her on Giu... he hasn't done that much wrong.

cardiacpaul 03-05-2007 09:22 PM

do not confuse people with the facts, it really messes with their reality.

sailaway21 03-05-2007 09:32 PM

Heard a good one yesterday: Feelings aren't facts.

tdw 03-05-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Sailaway21-

I thnk you've insulted Volvo drivers as a whole. :D Even I wouldn't inflict her on Giu... he hasn't done that much wrong.

Nah, bugger it, throw him to the dogs. Be good sport for the rest of us. :p :p

T34C 03-05-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Forget the tactics, go right at 'em!!!!

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

sailingdog 03-05-2007 10:49 PM

I prefer to not damage my boat in the process of getting rid of the bad guys. :D

sailaway21 03-05-2007 10:56 PM

I thinks it was a sheila me ownself.