Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Attitude is the difference...

Ever notice how some people that come to Sailnet respond very differently from others...

For instance... Bernie K's response in this chartering thread was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie K
Thank you all for your great comments -- that is what is so great about this board! Individuals such as yourselves take the time to help out sailor wannabees... I'm going to pick up the the cruising guide tomorrow. Thanks so much for the sites --- only one month to go!.

Appreciate the warning on Willy T.

Again, thanks for your replies!

Bernie

While over on the cruising forum, you have Dogsailors, with these two responses:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsailors
Both dogs have done extensive coastal cruises as well as hiked the appalachain trail and canoed down several rivers once even in the atlantic. My dogs are cared for far better than most and I will not feel sorry for a dog who eats and sleeps all day. I was not asking for opinions but simply wanted to know if anyone has cruised with these near genuis dogs. Obviously no one on this site is acctually out cruising so I will have to see for my self. Good luck arm chair sailors have fun talking sh*t while Im out sailing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsailors
excuse me for asking if anyone OWNS AND CRUISES with bull dogs. was never interested in your opinions since you DO NOT CRUISE with bull dogs. Real friendly site I feel so welcome.
Both people were asking questions, and getting good, critical, and useful feedback IMHO—yet their responses are totally different. It seems that some of the newbies on sailnet want to only have their beliefs and ideas justified, rather than a wholehearted, honest, if somewhat humorous, discussion of the topic.

Do you think newbies, like Dogsailors and Horseatingweeds, are being too sensitive, or do they need to take chill pill and learn to deal?

Also, if you were out on the water...which would you want to be sailing near? If you had to crew for one...who would you rather crew for? If you had to have one as crew in an emergency, who would you want on your boat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog

Also, if you were out on the water...which would you want to be sailing near?
Could you be more specific as to their range and maybe closing speed???
Old 03-05-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
That woman drives a Volvo station wagon. I know she drives one. And you know she does.
Valiente deserves the Sailnet Cross, with Oak Leaf clusters.

Question: How long would she last with the Portagee?

You're right between the hawse pipes Dog. Peoples personalities don't take too long to reveal themselves. In my experience, people with the latter's personality usually lock themselves in their room alone after their watch. Just as well, it wouldn't hardly be prudent to take a walk on deck in the dark.
Old 03-05-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
Could you be more specific as to their range and maybe closing speed???
And what armanents were available aboard the boat you were on??

Sailaway21-

I thnk you've insulted Volvo drivers as a whole. Even I wouldn't inflict her on Giu... he hasn't done that much wrong.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Last edited by sailingdog; 03-05-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
do not confuse people with the facts, it really messes with their reality.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 03-05-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Heard a good one yesterday: Feelings aren't facts.
Old 03-05-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Sailaway21-

I thnk you've insulted Volvo drivers as a whole. Even I wouldn't inflict her on Giu... he hasn't done that much wrong.

Nah, bugger it, throw him to the dogs. Be good sport for the rest of us.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-05-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Forget the tactics, go right at 'em!!!!

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2007
Telstar 28

I prefer to not damage my boat in the process of getting rid of the bad guys.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 03-05-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

I thinks it was a sheila me ownself.