Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Ski - Ah, the ski industry! I have fond memories of sleeping with a ski instructor and the woman that took photos on the slopes, and one of the waitresses, and, well, you get the picture. I don't ski much anymore, but I still grin about it, from ear to ear.

Vaya con Dios
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski
Gui,

Is the JOD 35 one of the Jeanneau one designs? I have not seen one, but have heard they are pretty good/fast sailors for the time of their design. My Arcadia is quick for a 30'r.

Marty
Yes Jeanneau One design (JOD).. we have a lot of them here, they still are fast boats.

here a few links to some we have here. They race every weekend and I know almost all of them...good people...serious sailing...fun...

http://www.veleiro.com/avemaria/frames.htm

http://www.terraincognita.pt/os_noss...OD35.htm#fotos

http://www.zlregata.com/jod_35.htm

and this is the school of a friend that teaches on jods and you're racing in a weekend
http://www.tuttamania.com/tuttamania/index.html
Old 03-15-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Nice site, looks like fun! Any idea how much it costs?

Vaya con Dios
Old 03-15-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend
Nice site, looks like fun! Any idea how much it costs?

Give me few minutes I'm trying to find the link to another freind of mine that has a sailing school with 12 35" Grand Surprise racing boats, and you can do the course and race in weekly events..money prizes and all....

wait, ok??
Old 03-16-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
No I WILL NOT wait, not even a minute or a second, besides, a minute is up!

At least one of the sites has english, ie the school, have not tried learning portigese(sp?) as of yet. Tried French, I think mom brided the teacher to pass me, so the teacher would not have to see me the next yr!

Enough of my sarcasim. Time for bed on the right side of the pacific, or left side of NAmerica.

Marty
Old 03-16-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
I spent all last summer trying to teach my wife sailing on our boat. She got frustrated easily, as did I, and never built any level of confidence.

My wife went to Bluewater Sailing School in January to learn how to sail. Yes, she went all alone, and was on a boat with 3 other students plus the teacher. I believe it was $1,200-$1,400 for the week including food. She spent the whole week on the boat learning a ton of stuff and has come back highly confident. It was a horrible thing for me to have her away for so long, but the school was excellent and she is now far more interested in actually participating in sailing.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 03-16-2007

Ok here it is..
Its called Atlantic teams & regatas.

Basically he got 12 Archambault Grand Surprise, a very very very fast boat, and does the sailing courses on these.. first you learn, and as you progress you're racing against the other 11 boats in a week or so..

You sail every day, for 6 to 8 hours, and in the weekend you crew the boat, and rotate positions so everyone is doing something allways. There are 4 races on saturday and 4 on sunday...its wonderfull

And know the owners..their boats, are right in front of mine!!!

Nice people..the guy that looks after the fleet also checks my boat and when I go sailing he helps me tie/untie..real good people

Next week I'll ask for prices

Get this all instructors speak English, because they receive entire buses of British and German people for the week long learning course.
Old 03-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski
No I WILL NOT wait, not even a minute or a second, besides, a minute is up!

At least one of the sites has english, ie the school, have not tried learning portigese(sp?) as of yet. Tried French, I think mom brided the teacher to pass me, so the teacher would not have to see me the next yr!

Enough of my sarcasim. Time for bed on the right side of the pacific, or left side of NAmerica.

Marty
Yes I know...the sits are in Portuguese and few have English...but how many sites in USA do you have in Portuguese??

Besides everyone here or most people speak English
Old 03-16-2007
Hitchin' a ride

If you don't have barefoot certs, can you challenge to captain your own boat?

Vaya con Dios
Old 03-16-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
I think that we should give women the opportunity to truly master the automobile before we ask them to start comprehending things like running backstays and gibing a spinnaker ... (just kidding...... )