Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
http://www.sailing-organization.com/...ation/news.php

Here it is in English...enjoy...
And here are their weekend races in my home Cascais

Check the photos...http://mensail.com/gallery/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend
If you don't have barefoot certs, can you challenge to captain your own boat?
I don't understand, please explain..
Old 03-16-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
I don't understand, please explain..
I think what he means is if you go to the school and have never received any prior certifications (for example, ASA bareboat certification or keelboat certs), can you take an on-the-water test (challenge) to be considered a higher level sailor and be a captain on the boat vs. crew.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 03-16-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt
I think what he means is if you go to the school and have never received any prior certifications (for example, ASA bareboat certification or keelboat certs), can you take an on-the-water test (challenge) to be considered a higher level sailor and be a captain on the boat vs. crew.
Good question, but I actually meant that if I go to the islands and want to charter a boat(not lessons), can I captain without the certs by showing them that I can do it? Not specifically directed at G.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 03-16-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-16-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Those Grand Suprises look like quick boats for there size, and fun too! Maybe like a J105 in stature? or maybe a 100?

I know Jeaneau has a SF3200 coming out, that is supposidly a half of a open 60, designed by Daniel Adriu IIRC, same person whom did the JOD35. None produced as of yet, but should be quick from the pics. Doubt any will get here to the states, due to teh cost of shipping etc.

This could be fun when the ship of $$$ comes in. Most schools on this side seem to use cruiser style boats, not true race machines like those.

Oh well, just another reason to go over there, other than to see the land sites as spouse wants to do. Need to get her to greece, she is 1.4, as she says, the most important 1/4! There should be some charter area's there, along with lessons........hmmmmmmmm.........
Old 03-16-2007

This is the beauty..
YOU DON'T NEED ANY CERTIFICATION WHEN YOU GET IN.

You will leave with European's basic Skipper certification, allows you to sail all over the World, coastal up to 7 miles from the coast, 12 miles each side of a harbour and boats up to 13,5 meters (47") in europe, but coastal outside EU waters. BUT you need to sit an exam, show the examiner basic boat handling skills (the Navy guy goes out in a dinghy, and everyone sails around him, does a few tacks and he is happpy).

What you do is you arrive on a Sunday, start sailing on monday, 6 to 8 hours a day, with breaks for lunch, and then by Friday...you will race 4 times in the day, and 4 times on sunday...Monday you're outta there, with 4 regatas, and a basic skipper European cerification...what is it equivalent to in the US..I don't know..

I tell you...their boats are 3 feet from mine...they seem pretty happy the pepole they have there...

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.