Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Actually three, I also have a 1GHz 17" Al G4 PB... but it's on loan to a friend who broke her laptop... plus the Mac Mini that I'm working on installing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDistantStar
yea its velcro'ed to the nav desk. Sticks pretty good. And its a Powerbook G4, not Macbook.
Velcro! I was hoping you would say that apple was unveiling a new "stick anywhere/levitating" laptop. Darn.

Vaya con Dios
Old 03-20-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
Actually three, I also have a 1GHz 17" Al G4 PB... but it's on loan to a friend who broke her laptop... plus the Mac Mini that I'm working on installing.
I give I give!

Vaya con Dios
Old 03-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
What can I say, since I work in IT for a living, I buy one each year and write it off on my taxes... Business expense and all that... necessary to do my work...etc... etc... I don't have the Core Duo 2 MBP yet, but the Core Duo machine will work just fine until the next batch of CPU upgrades are released and Leopard comes out... then I'll get my next machine.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 03-20-2007
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
For the laptop, theres 4 strips about 1-1/4'' by 1/2''. It pretty much stays anywhere it can find something to stick too.

As for the outboard, it is on a custom made bracket to motor the boat. I bought the boat on a steal with no inboard in it( i have the motor, but it needs a refit). The outboard is a 1972(matches the boat) Evinrude 40hp. It shoves the boat along at hull speed all day long as long as you carry plenty of spare fuel.

Funny how my picture thread gets turned into an Apple computer thread. As for my laptop its a refurbed, beat up 1ghz Powerbook G4 12''. Im looking for a decent used 1ghz 17''.
Old 03-20-2007
Telstar 28

SVDS-

If you're really looking for a 17" PB 1GHz... let me know via PM. I do have one... with AP/BT/SD.

That bracket looks a lot like the ones on J/24s that I've sailed, that's why I was curious. A P36 is a bit big for an outboard, but if it works...that's all that matters.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 03-20-2007
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
The bracket is made from 3'' angle iron with a $300 adjustable bracket bolted to it. Its pretty strong, but is starting to show some signs of rust. It works pretty good for moving the boat around, but i wont try any long trips with it. It does like to get out of the water alot.

Sailingdog, ill shot you a PM in a bit, got some stuff to do.
Old 03-20-2007
Telstar 28

The outboard on my 28" tri is attached to a "bucket" along side the main hull. Very cool way to do it and it almost never comes out of the water under power.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 03-20-2007

toddrtownsend is on a distinguished road
If you show me yours . . .

Very Nice Pictures! I like the laptop velcro too!

I'm doing my own photo album right now. I am using a php ****** called Dalbum; free software available at www.dalbum.org.

Check out my new Cape Dory 28 at:

http://toddrtownsend.net/photo/index...In%20A%20Mist/

I'll be up there for good as of April 15!!

TrT
Old 03-20-2007
Telstar 28

Todd-

Looks pretty good... needs some TLC, but she should clean up really nicely. Also, looks like they already replaced the forward hatch, which is probably a good thing.

Telstar 28
New England