SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

tomorrow I'm sailing with my dad

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
tomorrow´s the easter holidays!
so after the school my dad piks me up, and we go sailing.

he said we go all day.

I like sailing!!!!

Do you want me to take fotos??:confused:

#4 ·
Hey Fred.. have fun, and push your dad overboard for me. ;)

#7 ·
Yes Fred, take photos! Max will be here tomorrow and I am sure he would like to see. Sunday is his first ever tee-ball game. He is very excited. If you don't know what that is, its baseball for little kids. They put the ball on a post(tee) and hit it instead of pitching.

Make sure your dad wears his sailing hat with the wind speed on it.:D

#9 ·
Hello friends od Sailnet. I have many fotos. MAx hello.

here we leav marina of cascais, our city.

I went sailing with my dad. We have a lot of speed and a lot of stories to tell.

My dad let me sail the boat at 12.5 knots..I like it.

see speed in foto, here we sail fast. and boat

And here my dad make joke for friends of sailnet. strong wind..I laugh.:D :D :D

I also make joke for Max. Wind is strong i fly like dad.:D :D

We allseo had a fish caled remura glued to our boiat, my dad says it makes boat go faster, but it is not true.

we broke boom and my dad is very sad, but he has new boom now, he asked mum

(I posted the photos for him, Giu...he did the writing. so bear with him
Thanks

We had a very good dad/son day.
PS Don't believe the part I asked mum...I did not:D :D )

#10 ·
Giu/Fred-

How'd you break the boom??? I hope no one was hurt....

#12 ·
Not a great day of sailing if the boom breaks... :( But it does look like a good day for sailing, and good day of sailing up until the boom went boom.

#13 ·
Actually it was good as fred understood how and what you have to do when stuff happens..keep calm, evaluate situation and fix...

He did pretty good, just the 2 of us and was pretty handy that he knew what to do, kept his heading all the time, asked me what I wanted to do, and what I wanted HIM to do...and he did it...

He "drove" back home, as we sailed with genoa after I secured the boom.

The problem was that the wind was really strong and the sail was flapping a lot...I needed to get it down before more damage, so he kept steering so that the sail wouln't flap..

After we landed...he saw all my friends come over, and he said..."well dad now you can get all the help you need, I'll be down in tha cabin watching cartoons..."!!!! how cool is that???

#14 ·
You have taught him well... Congrats Alex...

#15 ·
Well, ok, maybe not the GREATEST of days, the boom will be fixed and soon forgot, but the memory of the day will last forever and Ol' Fred will reach back in the brain file one day and see how dad handled a bad situation and that's cool, makes for a great day

#23 ·
Hi again Fred...I've been meaning to ask you if you like and play soccer (football)...you look like you might be a good athlete (unlike your dad!).
Portugal has had an incredible number of world class soccer players for such a small country. Eusebio, Figo...and now Christiano Ronaldo who I think at this moment is one of the best 5 players in the world.

#24 ·
yes I like

camaraderie said:
Hi again Fred...I've been meaning to ask you if you like and play soccer (football)...you look like you might be a good athlete (unlike your dad!).
Portugal has had an incredible number of world class soccer players for such a small country. Eusebio, Figo...and now Christiano Ronaldo who I think at this moment is one of the best 5 players in the world.
hello myster camaraderie, I like footbal(soccer) I play it in school but I'm better sailing than playng footbal:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.