SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Good boat names

9K views 65 replies 29 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I just happened to notice one of the pictures on the sailnet collection had a freighter out of Hong Kong with the name "Titan Uranus" jotted across her stern. Anway, I thought it was good for a laugh...
Sailhog

#3 ·
I showed that picture to my class of students, and of course, got a good laugh. But I have 2 ESL students from China and they didn't see the joke.

That ship was probably named in the Orient and they likely never gave it a second thought, just thought they had a good godly name!

#8 ·
Here's an amazing stat. I recently read that the FIFTH most common name for a boat in the U.S. is "Wet Dream." The MOST common name is "Serenity." Unfortunately, that is the name my boat was given by the previous owner, and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
Sailhog

#11 ·
sailhog said:
Here's an amazing stat. I recently read that the FIFTH most common name for a boat in the U.S. is "Wet Dream." The MOST common name is "Serenity." Unfortunately, that is the name my boat was given by the previous owner, and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
Sailhog
I am in the same boat:rolleyes: She's named "Moondance". Kinda foofoo, but it'll have to do.

#19 ·
bestfriend said:
TB-that's hysterical. I like the upside down idea. Would be great on a Cat! I think I better hide, I hear the Dawg comin'.
LOL... it wouldn't work well for me... I don't try to sail upside down... :D

#21 ·
I like "Empty Pockets" and "College Fund".

One guy, named Wesley, bought a boat for his wife and it is named "As You Wish". The guy who showed me the boat never saw "The Princess Bride" and missed the reference.

#22 · (Edited)
(My First Post!)

I had absolutely no luck finding a name for my "new" used Newport 27 on my own. I just couldn't think of anything that "fit".

So, for Valentines Day, one of the gifts I got my girlfriend was to allow her the honors of naming my boat.

Her choice...

"BOATICUS"

Oy vey. I've been contemplating breaking up with her just so I dont have to name it that!

*kidding* :D

I am going to print this image and hang it inside somewhere. ;)

#25 ·
ChicagoNewport27 said:
(My First Post!)

I had absolutely no luck finding a name for my "new" used Newport 27 on my own. I just couldn't think of anything that "fit".

So, for Valentines Day, one of the gifts I got my girlfriend was to allow her the honors of naming my boat.

Her choice...

"BOATICUS"

Oy vey. I've been contemplating breaking up with her just so I dont have to name it that!

*kidding* :D

I am going to print this image and hang it inside somewhere. ;)
What's her mother's name?

#26 ·
Chicago-

I definitely think you need that picutre onboard.. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.