SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Prelude to Vancouver Sailing Video

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Freesail99 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I made this today with my new Camcorder. My initial intention was to film some sail-boats in the bay, but there was no-one out there, despite the amazing afternoon :) Probably because it cleared up only t'll the end of the day.

Anyway, it's just a way to test the Camera, but has some nice boat shots in there, and gives you a taste of what our English bay is like.

Here it is:

http://www.sailboatsecrets.com/?page_id=10

PS. The thing in the water towards the end is one of our silver English Bay seals.

#2 ·
I was willing to watch it but as soon as I heard the word "cowboy" I had to stop.

#6 ·
Nice video, poor choice in music though... Cowboys? Wind was a bit light.

Better choices for music for a sailing video can be seen here... more wind too.. ;)

#7 ·
I just want the rest of you to know that the P.O.S. Reinell "sailboat" heavily featured in Kacper's vid is not typical of the boats in our area.

Kacper- lest that boat piqued your interest - remove it from your possibilities list unless you plan to run it over with your freighter should your offer be accepted<g>

BTW that clearing was at the end of a system that dumped over 6 inches of rain in some parts of the city in 48 hours...

Try again today, Kacper - it looks much better and there may be a O.D. race on the bay near where you were last evening.

#8 ·
Faster said:
I just want the rest of you to know that the P.O.S. Reinell "sailboat" heavily featured in Kacper's vid is not typical of the boats in our area.
But it so pretty... ;) LOL... Tell us how you really feel about it...

#9 ·
LOL :)

You guys don't like that song!? I love that song. Darn, I guess the screen testing proves the audience doesn't lie :(

lol, and I just filmed those boats because that's all that was in that little cove that I stopped by :)

Going sailing today, will film some more stuff.

My intention with that web site is to build little 2 minutes "how to" sailing videos for sailing beginners. Will be posting more here.

Kacper

#11 ·
What, hillbillies don't sail???

#15 ·
Grrrrr.

I wish you guys would actually listen to the lyrics instead of labeling it as "country."

I agree, most country music sucks, Shenia Twain is worse than nails on a chalk board, and I do not like 95% of country. But this is one song that is really cool, Don Edwards - Coyotes :)

And as for my day job, I quit that long ago for the persuit of financial freedom :) Which I succeeded at. It's why I like that song, because it is, in the end, about freedom.

Grrr...

I'm going to go out soon and video tape some sailing, then put Shania Twain over it!

#16 ·
Or you could just give us a Shania video without the sound!<g>

#17 ·
Shania is fairly easy on the eyes in my book...

#18 ·
Jeez, I don't think I'll be offering any pics or videos to this crowd! The wind is too light, I don't like that music, waaaaaa:)) Better to play it safe and just send in ripped off professional stuff with Buffet in the background, eh? I liked it(of course, I even like the sound of bagpipes in an anchorage occaisionally), send more. John Davidson (Maybe the word cowboy scares people that aren't from the West?)

#19 ·
jrd22 said:
Jeez, I don't think I'll be offering any pics or videos to this crowd! The wind is too light, I don't like that music, waaaaaa:)) Better to play it safe and just send in ripped off professional stuff with Buffet in the background, eh? I liked it(of course, I even like the sound of bagpipes in an anchorage occaisionally), send more. John Davidson (Maybe the word cowboy scares people that aren't from the West?)
It isn't the word "cowboy" that scares people, it's just that country music and sailing is just wrong ..... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.