Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Sounds like what they do with airplanes here in the states! not fun.

Ok, now that we are off that stupid topic..........

Not sure if that iw what I was looking for....in the mean time, I will save it for a rainy day when the boom is back, and you have something ot hit me with. By the way, we now know why the boom is broken, it must have hit a hard headed inspector!

Marty
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Blt, this one is serious.

the certification is like the certification you get there in the US with cars, and they are made to make sure that all EU made boats are built under the "rules"..however..the "rules" are applied from a little Optimist to a tanker, tho whom these serve better.

here a few web pages.

CE Marking: Boat Certification Services

NMMA - CE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Old 04-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
I'll drink donkey piss if it was made in Portugal...ok????
One six-pack of Portugese donkey piss coming right up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-20-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
I think one of those links gets to info I was looking for. I have some brochures from jeanneau, Hanse and other european companies, and some of the boats had CE ratings of A8 and9/B10/C10to C14. I was trying to see the meanings of these ratings, and if per chance that was what your boat had to go thru etc.

Again, I was not trying to piss you off, it was more of a what was involved, what it was, ment etc. I think once I have time tonight to go thru the links some more, I will find info. I can see where it could get some one pissed off trying to get it done etc. At least with cars here, you would have to purposely crash 3-6 cars to get them certified! Can you imaging crashing 6 Guilettas? no thanks!

Thank you
marty
Old 04-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Bl,
I know you were not pissing me off...if you don't find what you want let me know, OK?

The boats they don't want to destroy, but instead want to see all stages of construction and will do visits when important structural stuff is made etc.

Its really a pain...during construction the project is controlled, so they make sure if you modify something its safe etc.

Then after the boat is in the water, they run tests, where one of them is to incline the boat up to 70ş and it has to self right (we were excused from this one), etc. Then they issue the DoC (doc of Conformity), mainly a document that says construction was made in conformity with EU regulations, then with this document, the Country of register will do the paper work and registration. Its also the port of register that sends the NAvy to see if all safety gear and equipment (vests, rafts, VHF DSC, EPIRB, etc. are all working and in order), then after 2 weeks...she's yours.
Old 04-20-2007
old cranky salt

Dewey Benson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Look that's all I could get here in my refrigerator...

I would love to have Fat Tyre, but Charlie and Denver are too far away...OK???

Give me a break...I'm a boom-less man....away from home in Colorado.....

I'll drink donkey piss if it was made in Portugal...ok????

Now stop that and sending me photos of weird looking boats, with only one sail.....

Va fanculo
LOL! most amusing GUI! So lets see whats in the fridge!

Fat Tyre is available at ALL the major grocery chains here in So Cal; Von's Ralph's (owned by Kroger) Albertsons, Safeway. Stop shopping at the mini-mart. Altho the Belgum style ale is quite passe here. Our local brewers are putting out some exceptional stuff. The rage of late are West coast style IPA's Double the hops of a "normal IPA...MMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

So how is that imported Donkey piss? I know they have Donkey's in Portugal so you must be drinking it! You cant be refering to the Port prouduced over there as the appellation does'nt contain the word Donkey or for that matter piss. The Fado bars will be singing your eulogy's if you referd to Port that way.

Wish I had some of those great grilled Sardines to go with my beer!

Dewey
Old 04-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Why were you excused from the 70˚ tilt test???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-20-2007

ehehe funny..so have you been to Portugal??

What I meant with the Donkey Piss was that Yesterday I was so home sick, that I would drink donkey piss if it was made in portugal...it was a away to say that anything from Portugal, even monkey piss would make me happy yesterday..altough I had some coffe today here...that I could swear was donkey piss

I never drank donkey piss...but will go and buy some Fat tire tonight!!
Old 04-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
Why were you excused from the 70˚ tilt test???
Long story.

Not "politically correct"
Old 04-20-2007
old cranky salt

Dewey Benson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ehehe funny..so have you been to Portugal??
Yes I have! Had a great time there too! As the storys I can relate are rather off topic and I have some time this am (Pac time) I'll shoot a thread in the OT section.

Dewey