Holy CoW !@!@ - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 146 Old 03-30-2007 Thread Starter

You think 68 is too much? What would your offer be?

Let me know, this is still my first boat buying experience, so it would be good to have some second opinions
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 146 Old 03-30-2007

its a great boat, looks well taken care of...
make sure you've got a place for extra water and fuel!

We are not primarily on earth to see through one another, but to see one another through

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
post #13 of 146 Old 03-30-2007
Hitchin' a ride

First off, if you love the boat, just do what you feel is right.

Here is what I would consider. How long has it been on the market. How long have the other Bayfields been on the market. How do the other ones compare to yours. Are there even any others.
Heres my example.
I found my boat by accident, wasn't even looking at CS. Did some research, found that the price had been reduced and was lower than the rest for sale. I knew I had to snatch it up, But I still went 10 percent below asking. They expect that at least.

But hey, its a dream right? And you're close, so just go for it, get the survey, you may have chances there to get the price down if you want.
Good luck, Kacper!

Great men always have too much sail up. - Christopher Buckley

Vaya con Dios
post #14 of 146 Old 03-30-2007
leave blank

There's another Bayfield 32 Cutter listed in the same source that is 1989 also located in the Northwest, so newer and yet only asking 47.5K You might want to comparison shop it to figure out why it so much cheaper and nevertheless give you some ammunition to help in negotiation for the one you truly love.
post #15 of 146 Old 03-30-2007 Thread Starter

hey Escape,

I think you may be looking at a different size of boat. I couldnt find the one you were talking about.

There is the exact same boat in west van for 65K, but it doesnt have new sails. It has the original mast, and no new "brand new gear" like this one does.

If you did see it, can you post the link?
post #16 of 146 Old 03-30-2007
leave blank

I went to your yachtworld reference and selected "boats for sale" then entered "bayfield cutter and hit the select button. It appears to be the same to me. A 32 foot 1989 bayfield cutter in Puget Sound. So should be close enough to visit. My search results:

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale
post #17 of 146 Old 03-30-2007
leave blank

There is also another one in Canada asking 41K (US). I am not saying anything more than buy the one you love with your heart but use your head when you go to negotiate it. These other two boats are certainly pricewise cheaper, probably for good reason, but they can help you justify a lower than asking price offer. I am sure the seller of the boat you love is aware of his competition, so no harm in using this knowledge to help you get the best deal.
post #18 of 146 Old 03-30-2007

Go to the Boat US website and search the buyers guide. They will give you an average ACTUAL SALE PRICE within a few days. I think you will be suprised at how much the real average sale price is.
post #19 of 146 Old 03-30-2007

Smile Bayfield

Kacper,
I'm an owner of a Bayfield 32c and absolutely love it. The yankee stay-sail combination gives you lots of options when the weather gets stinky and contrary to popular believe sail quite well to weather but not all that great on a run. I single hand in some of the club races and with the smaller head sails rarely do I need a wench handle. With four trophy's on the dresser it's hardly a slug but then I'm not competing with go fast boats such as Mr. Giul's.
Bill,
billangiep/Bayfield 32c - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
post #20 of 146 Old 03-30-2007
Seņor Member

Even though she's been on the market for only 4 months, the market's still a bit soft and brokers are hungry for commissions. I would start with an offer at least 20% below the listed price. Then, adjust appropriately if your surveyor finds any big ticket issues.

That's quite a jump from a C27 - considering the vast disparity in comparison. If your negotiations prove to be successful, then welcome to the elite group of quality, blue water cruisers.

True Blue . . .
sold the Nauticat

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.