SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   sounds pretty good to me, (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/31276-sounds-pretty-good-me.html)

ianhlnd 04-10-2007 11:08 PM

sounds pretty good to me,

Marine Forecast : Weather Underground

Quote:

<TABLE class="full boxB" id=fctTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=sortC>including The Channel islands National marine Sanctuary... at 21z...or 2 PM PDT...a 1030 mb high was about 800 nm W of Point Conception while a 1010 mb low was over southern Nevada. Moderate to strong NW flow will continue across much of the coastal waters through Thursday night...with the strongest and most widespread winds expected on Thursday. Seas will build with these winds...and widespread seas above 10 feet are expected to continue into Friday across the outer waters...while seas peak to near 10 ft over the inner waters Wednesday and Thursday night. In addition...a moderate long period south swell will build into the coastal waters through tonight...then continue through the week. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Small Craft Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening

sounds pretty good to me, will be back on Monday.

bestfriend 04-10-2007 11:23 PM

Heading out Ian?

ianhlnd 04-10-2007 11:32 PM

Yeah BF, going out on Thursday, hopefully I can get some of those NW winds, it takes 20-30kts to get this beast moving. Probably break something, but that's OK, need to shake down before Mexico this fall.

I've completely replaced my fuel system, hoses, pumps, filters, brackets, had the fuel polished, I've found the leak in the water system, repaired the windless, repacked the rudder post, have the SSB so I can hear the Carribean weather reports, although need better counterpoise, rebuilt the dinghy motor, repainted the main boom, and killed the damn bird that was pooping all over my foredeck.

I'm ready to see if I can break something else.

bestfriend 04-10-2007 11:38 PM

Sounds like a good time, amigo. I have to get my motor running and get out there. Probably going to be a good swell associated with this for surfing too.:D
Take some good photos for us, we want to see you in action! How long will you be in Mexico?

Careful out there, read the extended outlook on this link:
SURFPULSE - Surf Forecast

ianhlnd 04-10-2007 11:48 PM

I plan about a year or two in Mexico, maybe more, at one time I was offered a professorship at the international university in Ixtapa-international business, which I tought here off-and on, I'll see if I can do something there, if not, then south to Guatamala and Costa Rica. problably 3 years to CR, then it's decision time, either up again through Panama, or out to the Galapagos and then Vanatu, don't really have plans after Costo Rica.

Problem is, believe it or not, most of this will be solo. I'm looking on some of the dating sites for a companion (uh crew), but I don't think it will be a problem leaving at the same time as the Ha-Ha.

Giulietta 04-10-2007 11:55 PM

Ian...don't go just yet.....Aunt Jamila wants to go with you...waiiiiiiitttttt...she's on her way...she said she wanted to see Mexico...where the burritos are made.....

You got her pregnant...now take her.....and aunt Mathilda also

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...AUNTJAMILA.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...ntmathilda.jpg

sailingdog 04-10-2007 11:55 PM

Have a good trip Ian, take some photos and report back when you're back. :D Deck fluff optional... Try not to break anything too expensive... And if you're taking Giu's relatives as deck fluff.. please don't show us any photos.:o:eek:

bestfriend 04-11-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianhlnd
I plan about a year or two in Mexico, maybe more, at one time I was offered a professorship at the international university in Ixtapa-international business, which I tought here off-and on, I'll see if I can do something there, if not, then south to Guatamala and Costa Rica. problably 3 years to CR, then it's decision time, either up again through Panama, or out to the Galapagos and then Vanatu, don't really have plans after Costo Rica.

Problem is, believe it or not, most of this will be solo. I'm looking on some of the dating sites for a companion (uh crew), but I don't think it will be a problem leaving at the same time as the Ha-Ha.

The Ha Ha sounds like fun. I want to do it one of these years. Maybe this year we will have time to go as far as the border. Maybe we will see you down in Mexico in a few years. Make sure you stay online somehow.:)

ianhlnd 04-11-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

.....Aunt Jamila wants to go with you...waiiiiiiitttttt...she's on her way...she said she wanted to see Mexico...where the burritos are made.....
Ahhh, good hairy portuguese women, yummm yummm, Why does the first one look like you? You really are related aren't you. If it's a boy name him Ian, if a girl, Iana, I like to know where I'm at.

It's 04:15 in Portugal, do you know where you're children are?

ianhlnd 04-12-2007 08:10 AM

Best Laid Plans are nothing to those of Mother Nature.

20 ft breaking seas at the breakwater, it's almost completely obscured at times, wind gusting to 50kts +.

Coast Guard not letting anybody out.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to see if I can keep getting giulietta's goat:D