Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007
Swabbie

Neises is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrohde
Fortunately, I could reach my wine in the cabin through a little 4"x6" sliding hatch.
All fun & games till someone has to pee. Guess I've finally gotten old, peeing is the first thing that comes to mind when imagining being stuck with a bottle of vino.
Old 04-12-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Reminds me of that TV commercial where these guys are 50 and over and are smiling drinking water on there bikes, because they took a pill.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2007

nebo is on a distinguished road
I tie mine open to keep my wife from locking me in. She let me get the boat so I'd be gone most of the time anyway. But I agree that most confined spaces on a boat require a "double-jointed monkey with a dislocated shoulder".

Nebo
Old 04-12-2007

mwrohde is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neises
All fun & games till someone has to pee. Guess I've finally gotten old, peeing is the first thing that comes to mind when imagining being stuck with a bottle of vino.
Actually, that's part 2. The layout of my cabin is such that the sliding hatch I could reach through is really to access the trash can in the prison I had locked myself in. On the cabin side is a small counter and my top loading cooler. I had, prior to imprisoning myself, emptied the contents of the cooler onto the small counter so the cooler could dry out and be cleaned. As such, I could also reach a water bottle, which I emptied of its original contents into the cooler. I then refilled the bottle with my own contents. There's a surprising amount of room in the bowels of a Cal 27.
Old 04-12-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
thats a bit more detail than any of us needed to know...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-12-2007
Banned

tommyt is on a distinguished road
md,

Great story that I can relate to. When my boat was new I had a rattle in the lazerette that was driving me nuts when under engine power. Finally one day I decided to empty out the lazerette, crawl inside with a flashlight, and find out what I needed to do to stop the rattle.I had been closing the lazerette for weeks and the damn hasp never hooked on its own. Until I closed the lid and the first thing I heard was the hasp clicking into place,

So, it is April in norhtern Michigan, about 45 degrees. My 200 lb body is laying in the lazerette (new boat, fresh glass smell), and my cell is down in the cabin. Absolutely no way out or a way to get to a beer. The only people on the dock had gone for a few hours. I new that my wife would not miss me for at least 8 hours. So...about every 5 minutes I would pound on the lazerette top and yell "Help". This lasted about and hour and a half. Finally a sailor working on a schooner about 100 yds away came looking for the calls for help. He was on the end of a gas dock and had to walk about 1/4 mile around to where he thought the noise was coming from. Finally I hear someone saying " I can hear you but have no idea where you are". I then guided him to the boat and he got me out. His first question of course was what in hell I was doing in there. My boat was on a dock with a office building just in front of it. Lots of people out on patios trying to figure out where the noise is coming from.

The first thing I did after thanking the sailor from the bottom of my heart was to tell my wife and friends what happened. Can you imagine how big the story could have gotten if i didn't?

Oh, in those 5 minute intervals I did figure out what caused the rattle and how to fix it. Something good out of a very embarrassing moment.
Old 04-12-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
TommyT-

So, what was causing the rattle???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-13-2007

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
I checked my deck lockers after reading this thread and was pleasantly surprised to see that the stock Jeanneau locking mechanism can be operated and opened by hand from the inside. Some engineer was thinking when he or she designed it!

Old 04-13-2007
Banned

tommyt is on a distinguished road
SD,
The rattle was just glass to glass vibration. I pretty much knew that going in, but needed to know spacing to put in some pads to stop it. Had my tape measure in the pocket that normally my cell phone would have been in.