SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

I think I'm going to get seasick

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  soul searcher 
#1 ·
Only time I ever thought I was goingto get sick was on a cruise.
(Has this video been posted yet?)
If so let me know and I'll remove it.)

Looks like a wild roller coaster ride.

YouTube - Voyager in cyclone Valentina

#2 ·
That's a good video...

I know that those are bad conditions all around but it looks to me the seas are coming mostly very close to the beam. Am I seeing right?
Anyway I never liked those ships "to tender for my taste" I rather seeing it spring right back (regardless of confort).
Does anyone here knows what the "g" (height of center of gravity) is on one of those? I know..... it depends on the state of "cargo" but,.. range?
It really doesn't matter how big you are; in the midle of the ocean we're all tiny.

#5 ·
That would be a great time to hit the buffet, probably not too crowded.

I assume that was some sort of test or drill with no passengers(?). Find it hard to believe a modern cruise liner would be surprised by a cyclone. Google gives 581,000 links to the video, but not much info.

#9 ·
Is this the cruise boat that all the students were on in the bearing sea?
I watched a show on the the weather channel about it a couple of weeks ago.

And yes, My name is Matt and Im a weather channel junkie.

#10 ·
soul searcher said:
And yes, My name is Matt and Im a weather channel junkie.
A common affliction among sailors, there is no cure, the only treatment is to hoist the main:)

#11 ·
reverand,
I have it on sirius, on the boat too.:D

I think that is actually the semester at sea boat. it was a good show the hundreds of students sliding from one side of the salon to the other was incredible. talk about a free surface problem!
If I'm right the name of the boat is the explorer not voyager.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.