SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   I found the boat I have to have (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/31610-i-found-boat-i-have-have.html)

Guesser 04-20-2007 01:09 AM

I found the boat I have to have

Nice Boat!

Giulietta 04-20-2007 01:11 AM

another proof that a lot of money and drunk sailboat designers shouldn't be in the same room

uspirate 04-20-2007 01:14 AM

looks too small for comfort, i think a catalina 27 would have just as much room:D if everyone on this board could chip in a cool million each, we might get a deal on it.

edit: Giu, your boat is proof that a lot of money and drunk sailboat designers shouldn't be in the same room:D

Dewey Benson 04-20-2007 01:26 AM

Looks like one of those Steel gizmoloudous from the Pac Northwest. Pretty good boat as i have heard tell.

Dewey

Giulietta 04-20-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uspirate

edit: Giu, your boat is proof that a lot of money and drunk sailboat designers shouldn't be in the same room:D

Are you insinuating my boat is ugly????:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kacper 04-20-2007 04:42 AM

Guesser, that boat has been on the market here in BC/WA for about a year I think. The owner had it custom built. Last time I checked the price tag was about $1.5 Mil. We can go on it partners in a year or so, I'll have half the cash, what do you say?

Kacper 04-20-2007 06:07 AM

I have to agree with Giu that it is a damn ugly boat though.

Quote:

Imagine having the freedom to cruise the world experiencing nature in its closest and most natural forms, in unsurpassed comfort and safety.
I dunno about that... Is that a drop-board keel thingamajig I see in the boat plan?

Definitely designed under influence of alchohol.

LOL, it looks like they stuffed all the interior stuff in there, made the boat super heavy... then thought "oh, it won't move, darn, no problem, let's add as much sails as we can in the most awkward places!"

It's like a giant McGregor motor sailor :) lol

Kacper

Guesser 04-20-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kacper
I have to agree with Giu that it is a damn ugly boat though.

I dunno about that... Is that a drop-board keel thingamajig I see in the boat plan?

Definitely designed under influence of alchohol.

LOL, it looks like they stuffed all the interior stuff in there, made the boat super heavy... then thought "oh, it won't move, darn, no problem, let's add as much sails as we can in the most awkward places!"

It's like a giant McGregor motor sailor :) lol

Kacper

I was all set to partner up on this thing until you called it a giant McGregor motor sailor, but you're so right, that's exactly what it is! It's just missing a giant outboard on the back.

sailingdog 04-20-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giulietta
Are you insinuating my boat is ugly????:mad: :mad: :mad:

No, he's pretty much saying out loud. ;) BTW, I don't think it is fair to pick on a disabled boat... once she has her boom back we can resume picking on her. :D

Gary M 04-20-2007 07:48 AM

It is like a giant Mac. Too bad, with that kind of money they could have built a very pretty schooner, not that... what ever it is.

I have a soft spot for schooners, the Highlander Sea is right next door which is about 125 feet long and in beautiful shape and hopefully this summer I will be helping a friend launch and rig his totaly rebuilt 1937 wooden schooner.

Gary