Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorjim99
Looks like I got two fish to bite on the one bait.

I am a happy man that Mason is a southerner. I would have to gnaw my arm off if he was on my team.
The refs you will have to live with..They are certainly not CANETOAD friendly.

The part that P..... me off is that the Broncos will all have big injuries after the game and they will play like crap for a few weeks after.

But I have confidence so just get the BIG FLAG HOLDER to put on the Sydney Harbour(Yes, this is how harbour is spelt). Bridge and get set to admire the BEST flag in Australia as it will once again grace the skyline of an otherwise mundane city.

Jim
Grace the skyline of the most mundane city in OZ ? I thought you said the Toads were gunna win this year !!

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2007

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Hello Wombat - I'm sitting here in a flat looking at the view of the bridge as well as of the Opera house and think that Sydney is anything but mundane. From what I hear, Canberra deserves that title.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-18-2007

sailorjim99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Canberra!!! A CITY????

ZANSHIN,
Canberra is NOT a city. It was built as a place where we could send our politicians away from the humans. We don't want cross infection.
Look on Canberra as a storage centre purely for the use of public servants and pollies.
Sydney DOES have one harbour. Thats it..
Brisbane has a huge bay, a beautiful river and it is beautiful one day and perfect the next.

Sydney Harbour Bridge does have a very big flag holder which is a good thing because WE Queenslanders like things that are BIG.
That is why we send our BIG flag down to be flown from the top of the bridge when we beat the crap out of those pesky cockroachs' in football.

It all happens on Wednesday folks. Round one.

Jim
Old 05-20-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
ZANSHIN,
Canberra is NOT a city. It was built as a place where we could send our politicians away from the humans. We don't want cross infection.
Look on Canberra as a storage centre purely for the use of public servants and pollies.
Sydney DOES have one harbour. Thats it..
Brisbane has a huge bay, a beautiful river and it is beautiful one day and perfect the next.

Sydney Harbour Bridge does have a very big flag holder which is a good thing because WE Queenslanders like things that are BIG.
That is why we send our BIG flag down to be flown from the top of the bridge when we beat the crap out of those pesky cockroachs' in football.

It all happens on Wednesday folks. Round one.

Jim
Yeah right ! The state that gave us canetoads, that dickehead crocodile wanker and the shittiest architecture the world has ever seen. Do you still ponce about in nylon shirts, long white socks and white leather shoes ? Ahh Queensland, the land that style forgot, Queensland, cheap yet tacky.

As undeniably Australia's premier city Sydney has learnt to take this kind of crap on the chin. On the other hand if Moreton Swamp is part of Brisbane then mayhaps we can lay claim to Pittwater, Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury River System, Botany Bay and Port Hacking. Let's see now that's three harbours, two bays and six rivers.

Still and all we shall see. Every year we get this rubbish about destroying us in Origin but the truth is that after 27 series the score is 13-13 with one series drawn.

Even if we win we have to send you our smallest flag as that pontoon you call a bridge would collapse under the weight of anything substantial.

(in case anyone wonders or even cares Origin is a football series fought out each year between NSW and the nancy boys from Queensland. If NSW win they have to fly the flag of NSW on this makeshift pontoon that crosses the Brisbane Creek and if they win we hang their's on the bridge across our harbour. This year however is going to be different, if they win we are going to hang their flag on the top of the harbour tunnel. . If we win we get to fly Steve Irwin's carcass off the top of the Opera House. )

Actually this year could be a right bastard for me. My brother is an effing cane toad and having lost last year's series I am on a promise to fly to Qld and watch the last game with him and his mates. Not good, not good at all.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 05-20-2007
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Fluffy

TDW you were waiting for a reply about Steve, admit it go on admit it.

I think you need to go down your burrow and wait for the sky to collapse, Steve Irwin although annoying and I mean very annoying he was a legend in the true Australian way. Shame on you and don’t come out until Wednesday when all will be right with the word for the honour will be ours to plant the flag where Jim can’t see with out assistance

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 05-21-2007

sailorjim99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink WELL !!!! I am shocked..

The Moreton Swamp? The Brisbane Creek? Pontoon Bridge????

Well I have to say I am shocked by your outburst Wombat..Do you actually put food in that mouth?
Those places you mentioned around Sydney--Are they not merely outlets for the sewerage deposits from the industralised areas that form the Greater Sydney area? Who would want to lay claim to them? But if you so called Sydneysiders want them, go ahead, take them.

So you are coming to MY CITY for the big one, are you?
You had better see the second game because after we win the first and second, there wont be a third.
Get the flag holder ready.

And you Simon, are no better than Wombat. I thought you were a different breed of person. One who had stature and class, like me.
I was going to invite you to IMMIGRATE to Queensland like the rest of those from Sydney but not now. NO< NO< NO. You stay in the mire you call a city.
You stay there and roll in the mud with wombat. Go live in his little cave.

And, pray tell, what part of my body can I not see without assistance?
The part where the flag is going..
Coming fron a COCKROACH supporter, it must be IN THE BACK!!!

Love from QUEENSLAND.

Jim.
Old 05-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
The Moreton Swamp? The Brisbane Creek? Pontoon Bridge????

Well I have to say I am shocked by your outburst Wombat..Do you actually put food in that mouth?
Those places you mentioned around Sydney--Are they not merely outlets for the sewerage deposits from the industralised areas that form the Greater Sydney area? Who would want to lay claim to them? But if you so called Sydneysiders want them, go ahead, take them.

So you are coming to MY CITY for the big one, are you?
You had better see the second game because after we win the first and second, there wont be a third.
Get the flag holder ready.

And you Simon, are no better than Wombat. I thought you were a different breed of person. One who had stature and class, like me.
I was going to invite you to IMMIGRATE to Queensland like the rest of those from Sydney but not now. NO< NO< NO. You stay in the mire you call a city.
You stay there and roll in the mud with wombat. Go live in his little cave.

And, pray tell, what part of my body can I not see without assistance?
The part where the flag is going..
Coming fron a COCKROACH supporter, it must be IN THE BACK!!!

Love from QUEENSLAND.

Jim.
Well not exactly the back but close. Certainly from behind but somewhere a little less sunny. Little bit lower......

Interstingly enough I just had a quick squizz at Brisbane on Google Earth. Jim, mate, if that thing was any browner it would be called the Yarra.

Thankfully, brother lives on the coast so with a bit of luck I might just bypass Brisbane.

Mind you with the constant flow of Mexicans invading the Deep North might as well just call the joint Northern NSW and be done with it. However, to paraphrase the NZ PM, every NSWelshman who goes to live in Qld improves the IQ level of both places.

Memo to self - if we don't win that bloody football match you are in deep doo doo Wombat.
ps - Tigers won again on the weekend. Puts em in 4th place I believe, now the Broncs are coming .............shite, can' find them, oh, there they are, wayyyyy down there, surely a mistake, same position as the Roosters.....just behind the Bulldogs.....hmmm that would put them ......oh no , not last. Lifes good, for a couple of days at least.

2nd Memo to self - if the Broncos turn it around and win back to back titles you are in even deeper doo doo.

Yah gotta luv Origin, you really do. Not to mention the wonderful way sport brings people together.

Old 05-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV
Fluffy

TDW you were waiting for a reply about Steve, admit it go on admit it.

I think you need to go down your burrow and wait for the sky to collapse, Steve Irwin although annoying and I mean very annoying he was a legend in the true Australian way. Shame on you and don’t come out until Wednesday when all will be right with the word for the honour will be ours to plant the flag where Jim can’t see with out assistance
Yeah and I'm gunna have a big sulk about that.

Actually Qld is big on legends at least in their own exercise yards.

Old 05-21-2007

Insails is on a distinguished road
I think we solved the mystery,they got into a fight onboard over football and threw each other overboard...The last two went down together with their hands on each others throat)
Old 05-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insails
I think we solved the mystery,they got into a fight onboard over football and threw each other overboard...The last two went down together with their hands on each others throat)
Sounds good to me and not beyond the bounds of probability.