Wish I could find a 23 year old - Page 10 - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 04-25-2007
soul searcher's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ft. Walton Beach FL.
Posts: 488
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
soul searcher is on a distinguished road
According to the artical they've been together for four years, That should really get the hair up on a wombat. 51:19
__________________
Matt
s\v Soul Searcher
Caliber 40LRC

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #92  
Old 04-25-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So Pasadena, Fl.
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
dsmylie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalker42
Of course I'm serious.
He wants her there.. she wants to be there.. what ever her motives are.
(Quite frankly this would be more than enough incentive enough for me;

I say it depends on the man, and depends on the woman...

I can't help but to wonder how much chocolate and wine he has on board.
LMAO And if she understands "What a man means when he says..."

However I'm 46 (yes my pic is recent, less than 3 wks) and Life is just beginning!!!

I absolutely understand why a 25 y/o guy would want to take 1000 23 y/o out in one day..

Brenda

Despite all the sex jokes I have know doubt that they are committed to each other and to the goal..However you have to wonder if any love is strong enough to complete a voyage like that? I wish them all the luck.

David
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #93  
Old 04-25-2007
sailingdog's Avatar
Telstar 28
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 43,291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 13
sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I think that if they have the right person, that voyage will be relatively easy—from a relationship point of view. I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a person who did go through a very difficult journey with my soulmate, and had chosen to make that journey.
__________________
Sailingdog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #94  
Old 04-25-2007
pigslo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
pigslo is on a distinguished road
It will be a pleasure to watch it unfold. I am pulling for them to make it although I would not risk any money. I am going to claim day 77.
pigslo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #95  
Old 04-25-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,734
Thanks: 448
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 0
bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmylie
Despite all the sex jokes I have know doubt that they are committed to each other and to the goal..However you have to wonder if any love is strong enough to complete a voyage like that? I wish them all the luck.

David
You know what? I wish them well too.
And yes there is a love that is more than strong enough for them to complete a voyage like this. The question at hand however is .. do they have that kind of love.. Even if they were/are just friends.. that kind of love does exist on that level too.
It's called unconditional and has a great deal to do with forgiveness.

Here, have some Rum!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #96  
Old 04-25-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,734
Thanks: 448
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 0
bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigslo
It will be a pleasure to watch it unfold. I am pulling for them to make it although I would not risk any money. I am going to claim day 77.
pigslo

That'll be $10.00




Here, have some Rum!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #97  
Old 04-26-2007
sailingdog's Avatar
Telstar 28
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 43,291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 13
sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sea Angel-

Just be careful... you don't want to know what happened the last time someone got a pig drunk on Sailnet..
__________________
Sailingdog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #98  
Old 04-26-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,734
Thanks: 448
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 0
bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can only imagine...



Here have some Rum!

Last edited by bwalker42; 04-26-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #99  
Old 04-26-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 10,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 12
sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Brenda,

While I wish them success, as I certainly would anyone at sea, I am inclined towards a jaundiced view. I'd suspect that the age differential is not such an issue as is the woman's youth. I would regard her as being in what I call the transformational years, where opinions and beliefs are formed, and often abandoned as quickly as formed. Were she somewhere upwards of thirty, I'd be much less sceptical. Somewhere west of Suez she decamps, and I just happen to have ten bucks.

As far as the portion of the log you posted, I am of conflicting opinions on it. After concluding that it was a bunch of claptrap, I was wondering if it's origin is some left over communal living sentiments from the sixties, or ignorance of the fact that Captain Bligh has been there, done that, and only missed out on the T-shirt marketing potential. I suspect that they are more likely to be underwritten by Phizer, the maker of Viagra, than they are by the National Geographic Society.

I am hopeful that I shall be proven wrong in all respects, especially hoping that the results of the voyage will transform 20ish women world-wide from being an irritant to older men into adoring admirerers.(g) I'm not risking my ten bucks on that though.
__________________
“Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it.”
Wm. F. Buckley, Jr.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #100  
Old 04-26-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,734
Thanks: 448
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 0
bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21
Brenda,

While I wish them success, as I certainly would anyone at sea, I am inclined towards a jaundiced view. I'd suspect that the age differential is not such an issue as is the woman's youth. I would regard her as being in what I call the transformational years, where opinions and beliefs are formed, and often abandoned as quickly as formed. Were she somewhere upwards of thirty, I'd be much less sceptical. Somewhere west of Suez she decamps, and I just happen to have ten bucks.

As far as the portion of the log you posted, I am of conflicting opinions on it. After concluding that it was a bunch of claptrap, I was wondering if it's origin is some left over communal living sentiments from the sixties, or ignorance of the fact that Captain Bligh has been there, done that, and only missed out on the T-shirt marketing potential. I suspect that they are more likely to be underwritten by Phizer, the maker of Viagra, than they are by the National Geographic Society.

I am hopeful that I shall be proven wrong in all respects, especially hoping that the results of the voyage will transform 20ish women world-wide from being an irritant to older men into adoring admirerers.(g) I'm not risking my ten bucks on that though.

Gui, quick with the color, my blonde roots are showing again!

I swear I didn't know it was fake! I swear!


Here Have some Rum!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The First Year Cruising–What to Expect Sue & Larry Cruising Articles 0 12-01-2000 07:00 PM
From the Origin of Time to the Y2K Jim Sexton Seamanship Articles 0 10-14-1999 08:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012

The SailNet.com store is owned and operated by a company independent of the SailNet.com forum. You are now leaving the SailNet forum. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the SailNet forum.