Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Given the age of the girl, the whole thing sounds like something being resolved in a manner more common to the Balkans than the 21st century USA. (g)
Old 03-11-2008
The Sea Angel

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
1000 days Mars Ocean Odessy update - The Boaters TV

http://
&nbsp

Basic sailing videos found HERE Thanks guys, really needed this!

Last edited by bwalker42; 03-11-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2008

theartfuldodger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to theartfuldodger
Not wishing to stir up a nest, but being I check on the 1000 days advent every day, something very interesting posted today, with respect to life rafts, it appears that the ex wife who has judgement against her ex husband. showed up on the day of departure to give him a life raft. Now what is with that, if she has issues, why then is she so friendly, or maybe that there might be some under lying story of which we are not aware of, does make you think. One thing I do know a lot of settlements never do reach courts files and updated, but then who knows and maybe we will never know.
Old 04-11-2008

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Maybe the life raft has a lot of holes in it....
Old 04-12-2008

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
At the risk of sounding hopelessly naive, I'm wondering at what point the statute of limitations might apply here or even common sense? The girl is thirty years old for heaven's sake. I have the sneaking suspicion that the mother and daughter have long ago determined to go on with their lives.

I also suspect that the sailor in question has been a professional neer' do well and will at some point in the future be a poster child for the inadequacies of the social security system. The guy probably has never had a dime to his name, probably never will have, and if he does manage to parlay this into something capable of generating a dime, I'd expect the dime to be soon gone. I'd hazard the guess that $10,000 is a pittance compared to re-opening a relationship with the fellow.

Child support, like a dairy product, is a time sensitive issue. The fact that it is owed cannot in any way ameliorate it's absence when most needed. A down payment on a car at age thirty is not a penance for the lack of funding for food or a soccer uniform at age ten. And I'm less than impressed with the state's aptitude for the penance business.

Ask me if I care about the hijack. (g)
If it was reduced to judgment (and it looks like it was), the judgment can be enforced for twenty years in many states. I don't know about New York or California but I would expect them to be similar. I guess the idea is that you don't want people to be able to "wait it out" by, for example, getting on a boat and drifting for a year or three only to return debt free. Hey, wait a minute . . .
Old 04-12-2008

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartfuldodger View Post
Not wishing to stir up a nest, but being I check on the 1000 days advent every day, something very interesting posted today, with respect to life rafts, it appears that the ex wife who has judgement against her ex husband. showed up on the day of departure to give him a life raft. Now what is with that, if she has issues, why then is she so friendly, or maybe that there might be some under lying story of which we are not aware of, does make you think. One thing I do know a lot of settlements never do reach courts files and updated, but then who knows and maybe we will never know.
Different ex-wife. That was the french one. The american one (Anne) is the one with the judgment. She is the one for which the boat is named (although he now claims he named it for his mother). He first named her "Tantric Schooner," which is one that you don't see every day. I have wasted far too much time on the Sailing Anarchy thread. If you have any Stowe trivia questions please let me know.
Old 04-21-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
ONE Year at Sea

Well...Reid has made one year at sea today and is commemorated in the NY Daily news:

He's collided with a freighter, watched his girlfriend and only mate jump ship because of crippling seasickness - and even received word that authorities plan to seize his boat when he returns in an effort to claw back $10,000 he owes in child support.

Epic solo sea journey only one-third over

Any bets on year #2 being as entertaining as year #1??
Old 04-21-2008

kjango is on a distinguished road
Oh my heck guys.....I don't know sit from sic em about getting a boat from Texas or Florida to Louisiana........But I'm 57 , girlfriend is 28......I scare the hell out of most young men......& if I don't do the girlfriend a couple times a day.....I get sick & throw up......hahahha
Old 04-21-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
I think Im going to get sick.
Thanks for TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 04-21-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
I think he's going to stay out there as long as he can to avoid the authorities. He may even scuttle the boat in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"