Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007
Senior Moment

RickBowman is an unknown quantity at this point
What you are missing my fine feathered friend is that this group has been known from time to time to mix up serious matters with, well.... get the picture?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
LIS...thanks for playing! (G) The serious answer to your question is that the boat "tilts" or heels heavily when racing so it is easier for the helmsman to have a choice of which side of the boat to put his body on while steering especially in a wide beamed "big fat boat" like Giuletta!!
Old 04-22-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
FAT?????????????????

WHO's FAT??????????????????????

HEY YOU...YES YOU...SHORTISLANDNOISE......

WHO YOU'RE CALLING FAT????

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

First you don't know your ass from your elbow, then you insult my boat????

Here's fat for you...Sort of like Cam's boat...

and here's elegant.....

Now seriously...Cam's boat (the blue one) is a pure thoroughbread race boat, very unstable, very narrow (we call it beam, not fat), and fast, with a very short keel to give it more stability, it is too fast...that is why it needs two masts..because its like having two engines...that is a race boat...one of the fastest around. Please print a photo and take it to work, tell everyone its an America's Cup boat. It was used in the Suiss America's cup in the lake they have there, the "SHEISSEKOPF LAKE".

Then my boat, a liveaboard, its a cruiser, it has a very long keel because it does not need stability, and I also have only one mast and much shorter, and because it is slow he is beamier, not fatter, ok???

I have two wheels because me and my wife fight a lot..not really, I have two whells because being smaller they were cheaper. Thay are made of recycled plastic.

You don't have a photo of yours to post by any chance do you???

If you have more quaetions pm me..I can explain better what the differences are, ok??

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-22-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2007
Senior Moment

RickBowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo Alex, is that a recent pic of Jane Fonda?

And about the second image, did you have to row the dinghy out in front to take it?

Last edited by RickBowman; 04-22-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-22-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Leave the poor guy alone, Giu. You're scaring him off! Especially with that picture of you. You look horrible in yellow.

Welcome, LIS. I am from Oyster Bay. Stick around, you will find some great info on this site. You may need to wade through a lot of our jesting though.

Vaya con Dios
Old 04-22-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Nahhh...that's a pictorial analogy to Cam's boat..."built for speed, not for confort"...unlike my slow fat boat, with its small sailplan and wide waist...

Built for blue water passages and the caribbean, hence the large keel.
Old 04-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend
Leave the poor guy alone, Giu. You're scaring him off! Especially with that picture of you. You look horrible in yellow.

Welcome, LIS. I am from Oyster Bay. Stick around, you will find some great info on this site. You may need to wade through a lot of our jesting though.
What do you mean leave him alone???

I am actually explaining to him the differences a racer (Cam's boat) and a cruiser bluewater boat (miine).

That is not me, that's my 3rd cousin...Alberta...she lives in Oyster Bay, Portugal, near New Jersey, Spain.

Lis, I was joking, she is not my cousin...sorry, but the boats are right, OK??
Old 04-23-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBowman
Yo Alex, is that a recent pic of Jane Fonda?

And about the second image, did you have to row the dinghy out in front to take it?
Rick-

Actually the photo was taken from one of these boats, which Giu was having trouble catching...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-23-2007
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
Nahhh...that's a pictorial analogy to Cam's boat..."built for speed, not for confort"...unlike my slow fat boat, with its small sailplan and wide waist...

Built for blue water passages and the caribbean, hence the large keel.
Alex take no notice of the indigent folks for they know nothing. Your beautiful boat is like your beautiful cousin they both just need the sign on the rear:

WIDE LOAD

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 04-23-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Don't forget the little truck with the flashing yellow lights...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.