Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Want a ride in Giulietta?? Here's your chance

If you want to ride Giulietta, here's your chance. 2 days at sea for free....I even buy you miserable food....

On June 5th, or 6th, depending on some stuff that needs done while she is dry, I am taking my boat from Cascais to Vilamoura (get the coordinates on google earth) for my summer vacation of 3 months.

The journey will either take one day, or two, and is only 200 nautical miles. I decide on the day, as my stomach tell me, but you will be sailing for 2 whole days, even if we arrive earlier, and spend 3 to 4 days on the boat, if you want.

Normally I do it in one run or if I feel like it, stop in Sines for some good fish and excellent wine.

I do that at aproximately 25 to 40 milles off the coast, so it will "blue water" if you want to. Or near the Cost and it will be "coastal" if you want to.

One thing I want you to know, we will be crossing Sagres cape (the little corner Southwest ofportugal, just before we turn East, known as the Horn of Europe) during the day...if you are man enough, to do it. We will get wet, seas are normally over 10' and the wind is allways over 30kts gusting more. It will be a downwind run for 2 hours at 16 to 17 kts easy. Here's your chance for a youtube video to show Mum.... Then a reach, after we cross the cape of 2 hours at very cool heeling angles.

Dolphins are guaranteed !!!!!

I am going alone, or maybe bring my bowman, Mr. Dumbass Lead Head with me. He can play songs withj his farts, I can take some of you along.

All you have to do is let me know, (sorry no weirdos and freaks or "knows everything, been around the Horn 12 times dudes"), and show up in cascais the day we leave or the day before. (I'll buy you lunch, but you cook breakfast.

As I said leaving is around the 5th. If we get delayed you can either stay on the boat or at my house, but no funny stuff with my maid....

You need to work nothing, need to do nothing, Giulietta my wife will pick us up and drive us back to Lisbon, (that is the scary part, she drives the autobahn at 220km/hr) where I thank you for your help and say good bye to you, either thinking you're an ass hole or a good guy..

All I require from you:

1)Know how to sail or at least maintain heading
2)Not to whine
3) cook breakfast
4) bring dry clothes
5) be happy and take jokes about your face
6) whitstand Leadhead's fart's smell
7) Go away after we arrive to Lisbon...I already have 2 kids

Flights from Newark to Lisbon around $500 to $700. You check that.

If you want, show up a few days earlier, and enjoy Portugal for a while, then we're off

Here is a view of the trip.

Come along...I can't sing......but **** do I sail fast !!!!

This is if the wind is really going...guaranteed over 17 kts speeds!!

OR

If the wind is shitty, we'll stop in Sines for a good fish and excellent wine at the fisherman's restaurant

Admission subject to aproval after we talk and I see you ugly face in a photo.
Portugal does not require VISA for US citizens

Last edited by Giulietta; 05-25-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2007
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Sweet, wish I could join ya.
Old 05-25-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Alex-

I wish I could join you... That sounds like it would be a fun trip... and your description of Sagres, when we met, makes it sound like it'd be quite something to see.

Dan.

PS. Is your maid pretty???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 05-25-2007
Alex, not full of crap

werebeagle will become famous soon enough werebeagle will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a blast. Wish I could make it, but we're heading for the mountains the following week.

Courtney's my Dancing Angel

Where am I, and where's my paddle?
It's not impossible, it just costs more.
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else.
Old 05-25-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
If you had come down to Florida before you went back to Portugal, you could have rode along for 4 days in the Gulfstream up to North Carolina. Been blowing 20-25 knots ENE with 6-8 foot seas, but it's suppose to calm down to 15-20 and 4-6. Won't go 17 knots, but she will top 7

As it is, I'll probably just stay near the coast and out of the Gulfstream and run as long as I can before ducking in.

Have fun on your voyage, sounds like it should be a good trip.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-25-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
I would do it except for the going away part excluded me

Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 05-26-2007
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
sorry no weirdos and freaks
I was excited until I got disqualified.

Last edited by tenuki; 05-26-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-26-2007

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Let me get back to you on this. If I can get on a plane back to Toronto for the 12th or the 13th, it's very possible for me.

I need sea hours and a quick run in Portugal on an Atlantic lee shore would be a good start. And despite your terrible Photoshop skills, I suspect you are a good sailor. If you get too drunk, will Fred drive?
Old 05-26-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Valiente, OK. I am here.

Yes, Fred is coming, too, he asked to come along.

He will actually be skiping school for those days, so at least someone on the boat will be keeping heading!!

Altough I do drink some wine dailly, I do not get drunk at sea, and rarely at land, too.
Old 05-26-2007
Optimist,a small big boat

OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about
I can go with my dad to Vilamoura, mum says ok and with Alexandre.
Alexandre his nice he jokes with me, but one day we go to Vilamura he fall of boat and also fall and my dad said dont look at him we laugh, my dad say he wait we come back later at night . and Alexandre screeem a lot he say come here, come here but we look away from him and he thinks we forget him. he swuim a lot and make noises but dad pick him up after.

my dad said he was going passing over Alexandre with boat and Alexandre was saying NO NO NO but no, my dad he drive good turn and stoped boat near Alexandre...was a joke...we laughed a lot my dad stop boat with sails on mast, you know?

I play playstation with Alexandre, but he wins on the cars only I win on Pokemon.

Alexandre has fast blak jaguar car and he drives fast he race with my dad on road. may dad is faster car

my dad says we scare american but only joke no scare the americans

bye