Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007

vabuckeye will become famous soon enough vabuckeye will become famous soon enough
I have been lurking for a while. Most questions I have I can find the answer to if I do a search for them. I check Sailnet many times daily as I am logged into 3 different computers. I check from computers I am not logged into also. I'm afraid I may miss something important. I just realized that I am not a lurker but I am a stalker. My son called me a troll for not taking part in the wit and wisdom. I need to get a life.

Also as I read post from newbies, there is a requirement to send Alex a portrait for the scrapbook. My family came from WV and KY and I want to use a picture from the family reunion.

Another concern I have had is I also own a power boat and figured that I would be shunned and not taken seriously. The bright side is that it is not a SeaRay. I also don't want the heat for the beautiful barbecue grill that I bought for my sailboat.

My sailboat is a 22 ft Hunter that I have on the hard for paint. I purchased it in April and am trying to have it in the water by Sept. When it hits the water I imagine I will have a lot of stupid already answered somewhere else questions to ask because I have not really sailed before. I reek of confidence though.

I have read the books and believe I can make the boat move safely. When I have a better understanding of all the bits and pieces I will be taking a course. I also have friends who sail that want to help. Our local college keeps their sailboats at my neighborhood marina and will offer lessons when the students return.

I will come out and play when I have something of value to add (not that this post adds value), I just not there yet.

I 'm out to remove a keel. Have a good day.

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook