Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007
Armchair Horn Sailor

Alden68 is on a distinguished road
Not In Yet...

Is anyone, other than me, not in the water yet this spring? I'm going crazy because my yard is trying to finish up some painting work and I have already had to delay putting her in twice!!!!

I can't read another post about "went down to the boat after work, winds 15 knots, best sailing day of my life, singled handed her onto the mooring no problem, grilled a lobster, went below for a nap and found 5 gorgeous nude blondes......" Well, I threw that last part in...poetic license.

I'm not going to have any hair left if I have to keep waiting!!!!! Is anyone else being held captive by their yard??? Maybe I should move to Florida and never take her out of the water in the first place.....

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Actually posts like this make me glad I DO NOT live on the right coast fo the US! I may be out of the water on the hard right now, but that only occurs every 2-3 yrs for new bottom paint etc. Otherwise, one can sail 24/7/12. OK so it is a little cold in Jan, but with an av low of 35, high of 45, water is 42-44 yr around............be back in the water monday or so.......AFTER I paint an Orca on the keel to go after that GW Alex has! unfotunetly for me, with a top speed of 7-8 knots, his GW going 14-17.......oh well

marty
Old 06-15-2007
Armchair Horn Sailor

Christ if I painted an orca on my keel I would have to hire someone from Green peace to splash water on it so it didn't dry out.....
Old 06-15-2007

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
You have a boat, right? That's more'n a lot of people have. So quitjerbitchin'

Old 06-15-2007
Armchair Horn Sailor

I'll bitch all I want....I bought the boat to sail it not stare at it! Maybe if time didn't stand still in the boat yard I might actually get that chance!!!
Old 06-15-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden68
Christ if I painted an orca on my keel I would have to hire someone from Green peace to splash water on it so it didn't dry out.....
That was classic!

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 06-15-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Alden68-

I have my boat on the hard getting work done on it... so I understand how you feel... However, I did sail it the day after Memorial day... as I had to make some adjustments to its trailer, and splashed the boat for a few days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-15-2007
Armchair Horn Sailor

SD - I hope you get in soon. I know you share the anticipation of a New England spring.

If I miss my next date I'm afraid my crew might mutiny berfore the hull gets wet!
Old 06-15-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I, at least, have had a chance to sail on my boat this spring... You need to flog your crew more...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-15-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden68

If I miss my next date I'm afraid my crew might mutiny berfore the hull gets wet!
are you the guy offering to cross the Atlantic with KACPER????