Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007

stoutwench is on a distinguished road
Daysailing while cruising

We crusie from Nov1 till May1, then we spend the summers in the NC mountains.
While cruising, we never just go for daysails. If we're anchored in one spot for a few days, I don't care how nice of a sailing day it is...we just don't feel like sailing.

Now that I'm in the mountains, I can't wait to get to the boat the week after the 4th of July. I have a few projects to take care of (really just an excuse to go), then I'll sail every chance that I get.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Actually, just yesterday, I left my anchorage for fuel and a pump out, and then sailed before going back in on the South River. Usually though, if the hook is set well, I'm loath to raise it unless I'm heading out.

I'm looking at being up aroud Roanoke Island next week Roger, where are you at? I'm in Belhaven for tonight.

Currently at 35 32 10 N 76 37 21 W

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2007

stoutwench is on a distinguished road
John

Belhaven is 20 miles west from where we keep our boat......Far Creek Harbor, Engelhard, NC. Right now we're 9 hours away. What are you doing in Belhaven?

Roger
Old 06-22-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I'm taking a real shower and washing clothes, that's what I'm doing in Belhaven Went to the Belhaven Waterway Marina and this place is as nice as any place I've stopped. Great shower, friendly folks, reasonable rates, and just a block away from downtown.

Guess I'll be going by your boat then. Looking to make it over to where camaraderie is at in the next few days, but I'm not rushing. Maybe I'll have to stop by on my way back to Oriental.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 06-22-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Daysailing while cruising

lots of oxymorons here daysailing cruising, Jumbo shrimp, sailboat race, military intelligence.

Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 06-22-2007

tomaz_423 will become famous soon enough
I plan to have a sailing dinghy for my tender (perhaps Walker Bay or similar).
This way one can have some day sailing while my mother ship would stay on the hook.

Beneteau Oceanis 473

finished cruising after two years.
Old 06-22-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Hey John...you gonna go down the Nuese to the Pamlico or come up the Alligator River to get here?
If the former...check out stopping at Ocracoke. Cool place and pretty much on the way. We are about 55 miles from there so it can be done in a day given the daylight this time of year. We'll leave a light on for ya! (G)
Old 06-22-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

I'd have to do a day's worth of backtracking to get back on the Nuese Not sure whether I'll go back down the Pungo to the Pamlico, or do the Canal. Have to see what the weather looks like. (Sorry to hijack the thread Roger) Not rushing though 'cause I have to be at Deaton's in Oriental the 23rd of July for haulout.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.