Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Narragansett Bay
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 14
It's totally understandable that full-time live-aboards and boat owners with wireless internet connections are online with SailNet during nice weekends. Many posters here are also boatless, or like SD, are working on their boats during the day.
I've tried checking in here while swinging on a hook or from my marina, but my cellphone access leaves much to be desired. I suppose with a masthead, or Kathleen's spreader antenna rig, I would probably check in more often.
The reason for my curiousity is due to the large numbers of seemingly unused sailboats at my marina. I'm not talking about all the small daysailers on the 600 dock, but larger 30 ft + cruising boats. At average, we see perhaps 20% of the boats ever leaving their slips. Of the remaining 80%, it seems 30% are used as dockside summer condos. That leaves 50% of the boats which are virtually unused on weekends.
Different priorities I suppose, are forcing these owners to stay ashore. Sorry to hear about your wife's ailment Faster. She has my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
True Blue . . .
sold the Nauticat